Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest In Peace (the thread for dead characters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*bump*

(and since I didn't do this when Lorenzo died some time ago...)

This space in honor of Lorenzo Clemente, Most Trusted Advisor to the first two despots of Spain. Lorenzo served his country with distrinction and the clan hopes that he will long be remembered.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

What terrible news this is...

King Decedero Togas, Majesty and Lord of all Spain...

Lorenzo Clemente, his faithful servant, his best advisor...

Marshal Dejon, the general-in-chief...

So many crowns have fallen this night...what omen is this?
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

How terrible to take note of, Diego. I'm grieved. As you know he was a good friend of mine. May his sole find a last place to rest. May the graceful Luna el Salvador feel mercy for his sole. May he sit at the right hand of the graceful Luna el Salvador, among our ancestors of old. May he be long remembered and live forth in our hearts.

[Aidun Cian prays]

Aidun Cian the older
        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

A tragedy, and I have no other word for it. Hereby I want to inform the Dejon family of my dearsest condolences. May You find the power to overcome this terrible loss of a father, husband, and grandfather. I'm mourned. His death means also a loss for me. He was a dear friend to me.

May his sole find a last place to rest. May the graceful Luna el Salvador feel mercy for his sole. May he sit at the right hand of the graceful Luna el Salvador, among our ancestors of old. May he be long remembered and live forth in our hearts.

[Aidun Cian prays]

Aidun Cian the older
          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Needless to say, Martin Astronicus III, our Chief Architect, a Decedro Togas's friend and protected by him, is dead a few hours ago.

He didn't able to cope the pain of the death of his Lovely Dictator and his heart collapsed suddenly.

He's dead without having the joy of seeing his projects realized. How sad is it !

And the current political situation don't allow to hope his architectural views realized by me, his son. I'm preparing to be enrolled in the Spanish forces, and to go to the front.

Since several months I am teaching my assistant, the brilliant Pedro de la Alcantarilla, all the secrets that I learned from my father. He will continue my work as Governor of Barcelona and will stay there until my return. I hope that our new Enlightened Despot, Augusto Togas, will bless this devoted man and trust him.

Martin Astronicus IV
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I, Aidun Cian the younger, want to report the death of my father Aidun Cian the older. He died two hours ago.

I think he must have been deeply shocked by the death of some of his closest friends: Despot Decedro Togas, señor Clemente and señor Dejon.Yesterday I prayed with him for their soles. I found him dead when I wanted to bring him the news of the death of señor Astronicus.

I always remembered this little poet that my father once taught me:

Moon may thee shine
              from my birth and forth
              In all the days of my youth

Moon may thee shine
              on all days of joy in my life
              on my son and on my wife

Moon may thee shine
              when I'm old and weak
              And may thee let me find
              what I ever wanted to seek

Moon may thee shine
              on my very last day
              no more time is left to stay
              I leave this world behind

Moon may thee shine
              upon my last place to rest
              when I've fulfilled my quest
              And my sole returns to thine.

Now that my father is dead, the priesthood of Luna el Salvador shall pass to me.

May his sole find a last place to rest. May the graceful Luna el Salvador feel mercy for his sole. May he sit at the right hand of the graceful Luna el Salvador, among our ancestors of old. May he be long remembered and live forth in our hearts.

[Aidun Cian the younger prays]

Aidun Cian the younger
              Last edited by Aidun; February 20, 2003, 10:27.

Comment

As I have been away leading the Feocalvos I have not had the time to erect a memorial to my father Antonio Meneñdez de Nuñez. I hereby make it official that I, Apestare Meneñdez de Nuñez, am the new head of the Nuñez family and my father shall always be remembered in the annals of Spain as my soldiers are named after him.
                Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I wish to report the death of Gastronome Neecap. Horrified by the reports of everyone dying, he decided to get some of the spotlight as well, and jumped off the roof. Therefore, yet another great man is buried today, alongside all four hundred other people who died directly because of the Despot's death.

His son, Gastronome Neecap III, has taken over as the new head of the Butling at the Calamari mead hall.
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Eduardì Pikesfan

has gone to the Great Dining Hall of the spirits to be examined on whether or not he consistently used the correct Fork of Good Behaviour in life.

His nephew Guifré Pikesfan

Comment

Oliverius Fernandez, the former slave master, died while he was sleeping last night.

He would have followed Decedro and all his fellow clan leaders some time ago when they departed to the other world, but he felt the responsibility to stay here and help the new leaders with his advice and knowledge. Now that Spain feels (a bit) more safe and the young leaders have proved their value, he can leave, knowing that the empire is in good hands. He went to join all his friends from the previous generation.

His son Roberto Fernandez humbly asks you to pray for his father's soul.
                      "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                      "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

And so it shall be done.

* Aidun Cian kneels down and prays *

Comment

Everywhere, temple bells rang this day in memory of Spain's greatest commercial king, Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger. The old man was the greatest of all squid men. No one could fry a squid like he could. He died yesterday of natural causes, and shall be greatly missed by all those who knew him.

All of Madrid was present at the huge funeral today. As the fires were lit, and the High Priest said the prayer, Hernan's heavenly spirit was plainly seen lifting up to the heavens. That's pretty good, eh? I was pretty happy with that, anyway. However, the rest of the day was pretty miserable. Some wondered if the old guy would ever croak and leave the family fortune to the eldest son...err...I mean he was so old that it was expected. What a sad thing it was when it came...

I thank you all for being his good friends. Finer men no man ever knew.

Fernand de History Guy Calamari
                          Squid Baron
                          Empire growing,
                          Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Very sad indeed Fernand. Again, I said it to you at the funeral, but again I want to condole you with your father's death. He was a good friend of me as you know.

Aidun

Comment

I feel indeed very sorry for this, my friend, he was a nice comrade indeed. A master at squid frying...
                              May the heavenly lord take his soul up high!
                              *chorus of people*
                              May the heavenly lord take his soul up high!
                              *NucWint II*
                              May he be happy in the vast fields high above!
                              *chorus*
                              May he be happy in the vast field high above!
                              *NucWint II*
                              May his seeds in our land grow for endless generations!
                              *Chorus*
                              May his seeds in our land grow for endless generations!

Well, that was it, hope it pleased his resting soul.
                              *chorus*
                              Well, that was it, hope it pleased his resting soul.

No you stupid Chorus, it stopped now!

Well, we from El Squid & Vino will be helding a great feast in honor of his departing soul today.
                              All are invited to come.

Nuclearis Winterius the II
                              Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                              Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                              Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

I thank you, Nuclearius. You know, my father always thought of you as a brother. Of course, it was his opinion that everyone was a brother, except the slaves, and the rube who murdered Senor Jordi Pikesfan, were brothers. Of course, he didn't think too highly of barbarians either. Or Neu Demogypticans (except his good friend Picahulu), and he positively hated Ottomans and Chinese Warmongers. Well, I don't think he quite like the Persians either. Or the Egyptians. He had a higher respect for Carthage, but after taking a look at their religion, he lost it. Well, at least he liked some Spanish people...

The Matriarch is still pretty upset, but the rest of us can make it to the big funeral bash. It'll be a fun, solemn evening for everyone, with interperative dance. Hmm...come to think of it, I may just want to go to the wine table and stay there all evening. Ah well.

Well, at least we can be sure that my father is exalted for eternity in good old Valhalla!

Fernand de History Guy Calamari
                                (mourning for his father)
                                Empire growing,
                                Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                                X