Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rest In Peace (the thread for dead characters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very sad to announce the death of my grandfather.... Señor Astronicus.

The spirits took his soul yesterday, while he placidly was sleeping in his rocking-chair.

Before he left us, he did propose to me to continue his great projects : A palace for our Great Despot and a Lighthouse for our future sailing ships. He told me about others improvements for our cities, but I'm not able to talk about it before we proceed to his burial.

I beg the High Priest to celebrate as usual

Martin Astronicus III
    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

This is to report the untimely death of jdjdjd, a.k.a, jdjdjd jdjdjd I. He served as Ambassador to Lux Invicta.

Not too long after being aquitted of heresy, jdjdjd was struck down by a lightening bolt, some believe thrown by the god Zeus, that the Señor was on trial for believing in. Of course, this appears to be a coincidence. He is survived by his four sons, Pinto, Niño, jdjdjd, and Francisco Pizarro (named in honor of His High Holiness Francisco Pizarro de Tacitus, who did aquit jdjdjd of charges of heresy after jdjdjd did repent).
      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Or, as has also been suggested, and is more probable, Senor Jdjdjd was struck by a lightning bolt hurled by the spirits because Jdjdjd was at one time a fallen heretic, and could perhaps lapse back into being one, thus making it necessary for the spirits to save his soul by striking him down as they did now. It is odd, though, how throughout our history many liers and heretics were taken down by this manner.

Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger
        Assistant Priest to His Holiness
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I beg the High Priest to celebrate as usual
          And so we shall. I shall make arrangments for the funeral later.

OOC: I'm posting from school, so I have only limited time available.

Comment

Originally posted by History Guy
            Or, as has also been suggested, and is more probable, Senor Jdjdjd was struck by a lightning bolt hurled by the spirits because Jdjdjd was at one time a fallen heretic, and could perhaps lapse back into being one, thus making it necessary for the spirits to save his soul by striking him down as they did now. It is odd, though, how throughout our history many liers and heretics were taken down by this manner.

Assistant Priest to His Holiness
            Please, let his soul Rest in Peace.
            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Roberto Ninot is deceased

he was sadened deeply of being relieved of duty for his beloved Madrid, and died in his sleep.

He is remembered by his son, Carlos Ninot
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

We, the sons of Iwana Eta Tamali, wish to express our deepest loss for our Father. He has lives a long and hard life, but got hte greatest enjoynent from the entertainment of others. He will be sorely missed.

As he had died, just as he was stating who in our family would be traveling to the next group of Cities, we will follow his wishes and desires to the letter.

Please join with us for one last preformance of the full troop, before we go on our separate paths, in honor of my father and his ideals.

Letus Eta Tamali
                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

With pain in our hearts uncle Dunghal Cian, Laídech Cian and Aidun Cian hereby inform all Spanish of the death of our father Aidun Cian the Older. He has lived a good life here in Madrid, but finally got very ill. After a long and heavy sickness he has died. His last words were: "Don't kill for peace. Peace is to prevent killing."
                  We shall remember our father as a good, honest father who loved his children and liked to help others in need.

Let us pray for his sole to find a place to rest.

Aidun Cian
                  Laídech Cian
                  Dunghal Cian
                  "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                  Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

It is my sad duty to anounce that, after a long life spent serving Iberia, High Priest Francisco Pizarro de Tacticus is dead. His son, Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, has been ordained as his successor.

Comment

Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, you have my sympathy.

Aidun Cian the Older
                      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Pedro "Peligroso" de Plãgíates died from Malaria early this year, four months after his expedition through the jungle.
                        He was almost eaten by an Anaconda, but he escaped by placing a stick between the huge jaws. Little did he know that a small insect would cause his death.

His brother, Sanchez "El Niño" de Plãgíates, mourns his loss...
                        The Explorers Guild will perform the service to their founding father.
                        My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

At a respectable high age, Aidun Cian the Older has died. He has been jewelry and dyes baron all his life and was always willing to assist our most honoured leader Decedro Togas and his advisors in the difficult job they have. He liked also the foreign politics. As traveling merchant he oftenly carried messages to the foreign ministers and ambassadors of the other nations.

We mourn his death.

May the graceful Luna el Salvador have mercy on his sole. May our brother, father and grandfather sit at the right hand of our allmighty god, beside all our ancestors.
                          Praise the allmighty Luna el Salvador, our father in heaven.

Aidun Cian, First Priest of Luna el Salvador.
                          Aidun Cain The Younger
                          Laídech Cian, Aidun Cian the Older's brother.
                          Last edited by Aidun; January 26, 2003, 19:57.

Comment

I had not received the news of your father's death, young Marcos. As Assistant High Priest, I have the duty to pour the oil over your head in the circumstances. It greatly grieves me to hear of the death of my good friend, but I am also filled with joy, for great is his reward. Rejoice, Great High Priest, for thy father rests with the gods now! He is the greatest of spirits in the heavens now, and we mortals must look upon him as Spain's most holy. It would be wise to set up devotions to him, for he is our greatest intercessor to the gods.

Assistant High Priest to His Holiness
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,
                            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

How evil this news, Sanchez de Plãgíates.

I shall pray for his sole. May the graceful God Luna el Salvador have mercy on his sole. May Pedro de Plãgíates sit at the right hand of our allmighty god, beside all our ancestors.
                              Praise the allmighty God Luna el Salvador, our father in heaven.

Aidun Cian the Younger

First Priest of the allmighty God, Luna el Salvador.

Comment

Senor Hernan the younger: I am indeed aware of what you have just told me, but I am glad that you know too. And I would be happy for you to perform the rituals necessary for me to be fully inducted as High Priest; my father gave me his blessing just before he died, but he of course could not perform the proper rituals, as by the end of his life he could hardly walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X