Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego Invasion Thread!

Togas,

We're at the brink of starting our invasion of Legoland... hopefully everything goes as planned. Right now, we're discussing a possible delay of invasion (D-day was set at turn 242, 1270 AD) of 1 or 2 turns, to get all our forces ready. Turn 242 is also the first turn in which Lego will have tanks.

Which leaves your involvement in this war: we would certainly appreciate you joining in on the fun, with those conquistadores. In order to do so, we will provide you with oil next turn, for one turn only. We will pillage our source later, so you've got 1 turn to upgrade your galleon(s) to transports, and start oily builds if you need them (I wouldn't know what, though). We will also give you a map with where we will build a harbor city for you in case of a successful landing, and where you would better have your ship(s) at T-1 (and our spots too, so you don't interfere with our fleet). This is for later, though, as it is still discussed on our forum.

The plan so far is that you get your conqs on Legoland, attack / pillage whatever you can (we will most likely give you a map of possible goals, and of things which can't be destroyed as we need them ourselves), and possibly, if you want, we create an opportunity for you to start your GA. We're not sure what to do with the city we'll give to you, either you defend it for one turn and give it back to us, or you raze it after it was used. More on that later, it will depend on the situation.

Any questions or suggestions are of course more then welcome!

DeepO
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

in 1240ad we will have:
    6 Galleons (will be upgraded to Transports
    18 Conquistadors
    6 Artillary
    7 Infantry.

With 6 transports we have room to transport 48 units. We won't need that much capacity, but it is possible that if there's a delay in the invasion, we'll build enough Conqs and Inf to need the extra boat.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

DeepO,

In 1270ad we will have in excess of 20 conquistadors available for an attack, and could bring in a group of 7 infantry and 6 artillary to protect the beachhead, if it is deemed necessary.

We will have 6 galleons to be upgraded. We did not send gold this turn to allow us to stockpile enough gold for those upgrades. By next turn we'll have enough and will then continue gold shipments.

You can send us oil at any point from next turn to the start of the attack.

Please send us waypoints and turns that we need to be at those waypoints. Please tell us the turns in game years (1270ad for example) as our turn #s may be slightly off, but the years are right on.

--Togas
      Last edited by Togas; October 9, 2004, 01:37.

Comment

Togas,

I will . And thanks for the troop numbers, they are quite impressive coming from your empire. Maybe we can find you a spot to resettle (part) of your empire soon, so you can once again grow to full potential.

Waypoints and a plan will be on its way when we get next turn. Right now, we're in internal debate, and GoW discussion on when, and how to start. It will be close, I think you can barely reach the post we picked for your harbor city. But a precise plan is coming, I promise you that.

One thing I would like to know before D-day is whether you want to start your GA or not. Bringing art will make it easier, but I think it would be best if we leave a Lego unit somewhere at 1 hp, and tell you where you can find it. If it doesn't interfere with our conquest, of course

Let's hope GoW doesn't decide to follow one of MZ's evil plans... if they don't Lego is going to get very surprised in a couple of turns.

DeepO
        Oh, I forgot... D-day is currently set at either 1280 AD, or 1290 AD... but more info on this in the next couple of days.

DeepO

Comment

Sweet!

Can we send the extra transports, ahead of time, to a location near Lego that would help to divert Lego forces away from our or GS's intended LZ's?

Comment

Great ! I can't wait !

Togas, please let me know where can I get the current save. Thanks
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

/me pulls himself in from the cold lonely moors just long enough to say something encouraging, refill his hip flask, then disappear for more depressed contemplation
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

HURRAAH!!! We´re about to backstab the greatest band of double-crossing snakes ever to set foot on this DG!

Togas, give me command of some Conquistadores, and we shall ride forth into the valley of death, fearless of the enemy´s infantry!

San Diego y Alla!
                Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

KILL KILL KILL

-Ghost of GK
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Cool - break up some blockheads for us, Senor Togas!

On a completely unrelated note, I'm planning a vacation to Spain in May - perhaps I'll look up my Roleplay roots!

Comment

Can we name the Conquistadors etc something like:

"Coming to GET you"
                      "You backstabbing bastards"
                      "Your ass is grass"
                      "Remember our agreement"
                      "Scorched Earth"(particularly good for a Conquistador.
                      Consul.

Comment

Nice ones WIA!

Comment

I support that!!!
                          Specially the "Remember our agreement" one
                          Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                          Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                          Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

I support that too !

Please, note that i'll be in trip the next 8 days. See you soon
                            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix
                              Please, note that i'll be in trip the next 8 days. See you soon
                              Ooo'err!

Ah, we know what you mean, astro.
                              Consul.

Comment

Working...
                              X