X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any response on this?

Comment

Nothing yet.

EDIT: had a chat with Trip, Beta and JonMiller. They agreed to the Warrior Code - Myst deal and will get back to us within 1 turn about the Contacts deal.
      Last edited by BigFurryMonster; February 9, 2003, 16:39.
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

*Bump*

They're discussing the trading of contact with GS now. They'll have a deal ready for us by the next turn.

Comment

Did we get Mysticism?

Has Beta already replied about the Contacts trade?
          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Mysticism: We'll find out if they accepted the deal this turn, once we get it.

Contact trading: Haven't talked with BH yet, I'll either talk with him or Jon in the chatroom today, or PM one of them.

Comment

Vox accepted the Mysticism deal. We have it now, for 24 gold.

I talked with Vox, and BetaHound said it may be a possibility that we could trade Mathematics for Writing, as Vox will soon have Writing themselves. This could work out great for us, but we'll have to see.

Comment

It seems Vox already has Maths.

They offered Contact though:

Hello Trip and BFM. I have put contact with GS on the table. They would like communications with you. If you are in agreement, please accept, and we will accept at our turn as well.

Regarding my comment about gold last turn - we would like to make a proposal. Rather than turn your gold over to your conquerors, if you would forward it to us - it would either keep it from their hands, or if you do survive this assault, we would bank it for you and return it to you at a future date. This we solemnly promise to do. Sort of like what Holland did with its gold reserves during WWII, shipping them to Canada for safe keeping.

If you think there is merit in either of these proposals, please send the gold along with the communications for GS and we will accept next turn.

Again - good luck! Regards - BetaHound. VFA, Vox C.
                Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

This is the treaty we have with Vox:

The Lux Invicta team and Vox Controli team hereby agree to all of the following:

- On the turn of 1550 BC, the Vox Controli team hereby agrees to send the Lux Invicta team a trade offering the city "Portia" with the status of "ACCEPTED" when sent.

- This city will be held by the Lux Invicta team for an undetermined period of time until after Lux Invicta has built a new city on another continent or landmass, or later than that as otherwise agreed to by Vox Controli. When this aspect of the contract expires and the Lux Invicta team is set to relinquish control of "Portia", the Vox Controli team is hereby permitted to declare war on the Lux Invicta team, and regain control of the city. After this, the teams will then make peace at the earliest opportunity.

- During the time of occupation of this city, the Lux Invicta team is hereby prohibited from settling any new cities on the continent upon which the Vox Controli team resides, unless agreed to by Vox Controli. They will not give possession of this city to any other team during the contract period, and will return the city to Vox Controli control via the process described above only at the conclusion of this treaty. During possession of this city, Lux Invicta agrees to produce at least one worker and to use that worker to either remove jungle from, and/or make improvements to, the tiles adjacent to "Portia". This worker will be left in the city for Vox Controli as per the re-possession process described above.

- For compensation of this treaty, the Lux Invicta team hereby agrees to send to the Vox Controli team, a sum of 6 technologies total. 3 of these will be the free technologies given to scientific civilizations per era, and 3 other techs, one from each of the following eras remaining in the game. The actual techs to be given will be agreed to by the Lux Invicta and Vox Controli teams at the earliest and most convenient opportunity possible. Should this not be ahered to for reason of common decision by both the Lux Invicta or Vox Controli teams, this treaty is void. If there are other unavoidable problems not brought about directly by actions of either team, then a resolution to this situation will be negotiated by the two teams.

- The Lux Invicta team also agrees to provide the Vox Controli the sum of 150 gold, minus whatever is found to be necessary to acquire the "Map Making" technology, as is needed by the Lux Invicta team.

- From this day forward, the two teams of Lux Invicta and Vox Controli will swear an alliance of friendship with each other, forever coming to each others aid when necessary, and never acting towards each other in a hostile manner, except for the one condition mentioned above for the re-possession of "Portia". This term will lie in place until agreed to by both the Lux Invicta and Vox Controli teams to void it, should this ever be desired by both the teams.

- The expiration of this contract will take place only when officially declared VOID by both teams. From that point on, the status quo will be re-established, minus the terms of this agreement which have set forth as otherwise. The Vox Controli team will then regain control of the city "Portia" by any means deemed necessary.

Lux Invicta
                  Document signed as official by 'Trip', King of the Lux Invicta team.
                  1550 BC

Document signed as official by 'BetaHound', Voice of Foreign Affairs for Vox Controli.
                  1550BC
                  For those who don't like to read, basically this means we pay Vox a lot of cash and techs so we can survive and move to Lego's continent. We will be friends the rest of the game as well.

Comment

Let's see what they make of it.
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Sounds good. If we can keep a solid friendship with both Vox and Lego, it will help to further protect us from potential attack (in addition to the barrier of the water itself and distance)
                      Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                      Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

I sent BH a PM on the subject of us getting Map Making for 40 gold from another source. I explained that them giving us Writing for free (instead of us buying it from another team with the money that will be theirs) would be in their best interests. I also assured him that we were not doing anything with GS. I await his reply.

Comment

Got this from BetaHound not too long ago.

Hi Trip. I almost have the team convinced on this. I have also written Nathan of GS to let him know what's up, with rationale as to why GS should provide the 20 gold. He may be in touch with you.

Regarding the home front - two team members are adamant about the world map matter raised earlier. They are suggesting this be a condition for also providing writing. To make this go down easier, it would be helpful if you agreed to provide your world map when map making is obtained. This would be useful to us.

I suspect GS may be asking the same thing of you, and that their 20 gold may be contingent upon that.

And btw, the team agreed to complete the jungle clearing project around Portia. That was a difficult discussion, but in the end, we could see how it ties into the overall plan and deal.

How goes it with GoW? You are taking awhile to play the turn so I figure things are being discussed. Best of luck. .... Beta.
                          And sent this back to him, since we're short on time:

I'll get back with you on the world map. That should go through, but our team need to discuss it.

I got this message from Ghengis earlier today:

Surely Vox can cough up another 40 gold or Philosophy to sweeten the deal since your two civs are both getting this?
                          I know we can't give over another tech or 40 gold, so you will probably have to talk with GoW and/or GS about this. Another 20 gold for Vox and GS, while it would sting, should not cripple you both. It would make discussions easier if I knew how you were getting Map Making to begin with. I'm assuming that you'll be getting it from GoW SOMEHOW, since they're the only ones who've researched it. However, if no decision is reached by the time we have to send our turn, everything will be cut off, so a decision must be made one way or another.

Comment

Actually, GoW is 5 turns off from getting MapMaking (by reseach, I presume). GF claims that GS is the only Civ who have it.
                            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

GS was not researching Map Making. They are researching something else in fact (I forget what), and are actually getting Map Making from GoW. Lego is the only team with Map Making so far.

Comment

I sent a PM to BetaHound which just informed him that we got the deal with GoW done, and that GoW and Vox now need to talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X