Clear All

Besides lego land (the went after us) the following have cities:
    Spanish
    Warmongers
    Demogypts
    Voxians

This leaves:
    Us
    legoland (at that save haven't gone yet)
    Gathering Storm
    Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

I'm glad we have a quick-witted foreing intellegence operation fully underway j/k
      "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Comment

It was probably expected that most of them would have built cities... it's doubtful that most civs will get a starting position as good as we got, so things will counter-balance in the end (until we take over ).

Comment

We may be able to gain a little info from teams before contact, if we agree to any alliances.. Calc,mesh and me may start a thread on that subject in the pub forum.

I think Mesh's team may be in trouble getting a start position.. I heard NYE's team were stuck in a terrible jungle start. (edit) Mesh just denied this, saying that was another game they were talking about not the PTW apolyton game.
          Of course.. you can never trust anyone too fully, always hostage something of the others, like a small town.

(above repeated in vox controlli save mistake forum)

I say Mesh's team are in trouble, as they seem desparate for an alliance with us (they're the ex Trash Trips Arse people, now Kiss Trips arse, as Trip eloquently put it)
          They also wanted to swap minimaps with us, probably to make contact or make a city near us toget help, though this may be a ploy to make war on us early, and piss off Trip heh.

I'm Uploading the log Mesh and me made from our IRC chat, I commited us to thinking about an alliance with them, but along with trip agree it depends on game status and geography especially.
          I'm trying to put it on the website, lux.aomgamer.com
          will be uploaded in a couple hours, after dinner.

Admiral PJ - Forn minister.
          Trust No one, not even your pets.

Comment

slight problem uploading that log,
            basically GS (meshelic) and I agreed to a possible close trade alliance, possibly heading to a millitary alliance, though they weren't clear about that.

Apoc is going to be ambassador to Vox and assistant ambassador to Legoland, as he has contacts in those organisations.
            Calc looks like a possible ambassador to GS, though maybe he's TOO close to them but theres a lot to be said for friendly foreign relations.

It appears GS are a little Hot or cold at the moment on how far they would ally with us (probably not all totally agreed, but mesh and NYE seem pro LI ) , but if a few of us agree to more alliance talks then we can have talks with GS (ministers and some ambassadors etc).. like a formal alliance conference, such as is done at peace deal pacts.

I've said to GS we would be interested in science pacts, and would cooperate with any allies, prefering to make alliances than just have a total war strategy.. They appear to be similar andthink both teams could coexist, (though at some point we could betray them.. claiming they were mountaining espionage or working with other teams against us)

They may just be looking fora scientific civ to give them a couple of free techs, but whatever situation we can use them to our advantage.. and friendship can be fun too.
            Millitary alliances are different, and they don't seem prepared to share maps.. but ideally in mil.alliances our allies would fight the wars and take the casualites, while we act as reserves, making elite troops easily from the few remaining enemies, and we also capture the cities our allies softened.

I think its about sleeping time.. i'll try using an ftp program (not internet explorer) to upload the log file this time.

Comment

formal Meshelic minister to AdmiralPJ minister meeting lognotes

MIRC chat program chat on apolyton.net IRC chat server.
              Official Recording Follows (realpolitik speak)
              --

Session Start: Fri Dec 06 01:30:51 2002
              Session Ident: Meshelic
              Session Ident: Meshelic (~mirroj@elltel-dsl-p408.elltel.net)
              I am currently posting some of the comments you and calc have made to my team, regarding maps, navigational directions, and the royal marriage. sound ok?
              hello
              hey
              yeah, I think i'll post a small post to my team too
              trip finished our third turn today i think
              Foreign Minister to Foreign Minister, I would like to see our two nations work together as brothers
              I agree, hopefully we can get our followers to think likewise
              Overall, what do you think the Lux Invicticans opinion of the GS is?
              We respect your culture , but have little contact with you
              whats your main objectives?
              We seek a strong economy that helps boost our science, strong military to protect our interests
              and seek friends among the other nations so we will not fight any two-front, three-front wars
              I'm sure we can restrain trips aggresive streak .. and forget that business about trashing his arse
              We don't activiely seek war peresay
              Do you know our strategy mantra?
              no I do not
              ?
              Well, so far we ..
              we are happy to go to war if it is in us and our allies interests,
              we seek the best for Luxia that we can get, including making allies, making money and research
              I would say we are similar in that aspect
              We too seek friendly relations, an ally for mutual defense, a trading partner, and to be strong economically and militarily.
              I've wanted to find an ally for a while,
              I think it will greatly benefit both our scientific interests,
              one side researching something while the other researches the second prerquisite..
              then swapping, eh?

yeah.. swapping too of course
              LI is generous to those who are behind its cause
              I have posted in my team's private forum these things we are discussing
              We are very cautious however.
              ok I will fill in my team too
              We don't seek to be double-crossed
              well, we can discuss treaties, for insurance
              my hope is that you are not pulling the wool over my eyes
              and I am sure you feel the same
              yes, perhaps we can trade technoliges and maps to show mutual loyalty
              You realize that should the things we are discussing here become true, then it is surely a great moment in the histories of our two nations.
              it willtake time for our full trust to be won.. but when it is we will be as brothers under the same flag
              I agree, trust is a difficult thing to gain, and it takes time MORE SO than specific deals
              We would look forward to such a historic moment, it would be both of our Nations greatest achievements
              true.
              Would you mind if I copied the log file of this chat to show to my team?
              Hopefully we can make a pact, but first we need to get rid of any doubters in our teams
              Ok, sure
              I cannot speak for my entire team , we will need thorough negotiations
              but as foreign minister i have some sway in this matter
              I cannot speak for my entire team either. There will be much to discuss here, regarding the negotiations that the GS and LI may have to go through to reach an alliance-like state
              geography may play a part in our decision, so we may wish to know the world status before rushing into any deals
              but we have 2 LI's who are happy for an alliance out of 13 or so :>
              I would say that is one of the crucial things to think over, geography.
              Defensively a close distance would be ideal
              there are those in the GS who also would like a partner
              I agree
              Would GS consider having some cities placed near it for mutual defence and cultural help?
              Placing cities in each others lands could be a way to show loyalty..
              I cannot answer that question.
              unfortunately.
              I would have to discuss that with the rest of my team.
              They will see the log file
              Its just an idea,
              I will mention it to them,
              sounds like a good idea, but every idea has it's own ramifications
              and if you LI's are far out there, it may not be in either of our interests to do so
              But we would respect your wishes, and try to cooperate with any wishes should the alliance be solidified.
              As would we
              We have much to learn from each other, and much to discuss. We will have to meet back again once we have discussed these things with our teams.
              * AdmiralPJ shakes meshelics hand, I hope we can have a profitable business
              * Meshelic returns the handshake
              a profitable business agreement soon
              that is
              yes hopefully.
              I agree,
              maybe you'd like to talk with Trip too
              if he's not whipping the slaves
              Perhaps this would be a good idea
              i'll put the log in LI's channel too, ok?
              ok that is fine.
              hold on a second let me check something really quick
              okay here's my idea
              yes?
              Perhaps we can set up a meeting between the leaders of our two civs
              Trip, Calc and You meet NYE, Dominae and myself
              in a private chat somehow in the next week
              possibly, though we don't know about map swaps yet
              yes, a private chat would be good for me
              that's true, a week may be good for us to mutually decide what to do
              both of us
              i think trips still away
              hmmm
              whether we have reached a decision or not regarding our alliance, it would be wise to have the two ambassadors and the leader from each nation to meet in a private chat somewhere
              We'll make a final decision about who our representative ambassador will be for you,
              calc is in the running and isclosely involved
              Yes, I'll propose that to LI,
              you should talk to Trip about this too, if he comes back
              either way, having 3 reps from each team in this "private chat" would be good
              We might be able to get all our ministers involved hopefully, war, interior and Trip the leader
              that would work.
              its possible to have private chats on this chat server, by setting up a channel
              Yes the GS have a similar thing
              I agree to the alliance talks
              As do I.
              I'm going to close this chat so I can save the log and post it. Sound ok?
              I'll PM you when my teams made its decisions
              good, I will either have Dominae PM you or I will do so myself.
              ok, PM me if you have any developments
              ok

* Meshelic shakes AdmiralPJ's hand once again. "Looking forward to it."
              Ok, great.. I think calc can help us too
              * AdmiralPJ gives mesh a LI medal for a gift
              * AdmiralPJ returns the handshake
              Wow a medal for me??
              ooh trips at his computer
              want to speak to him?
              Let's close this chat and begin a new one.
              ok
              i've logged it too

As you see meshelic is a bit of a roleplayer, (not the team) but he seems trustworthy, but we shouldn't let them find out info that would give them any advantages.

BTW nice chat with firaxis this friday talked a lot with Soren johnson who arrived late.

Comment

Working...
              X