No announcement yet.

Lego CIV PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could up the AI to six in a standard game, certainly. (I'd prefer to keep the number of AI as a multiple of 3, in hopes of making our chances of exploiting the AI more even.)

So, standard size map with 9 civs, maybe? A little squeezed, but I don't like big maps and I'm not sure how well my machine handles anything above standard later in the game.

What difficulty level? With 6 AI I don't think we should make it too tough, but I haven't gotten much of a feel for the difficulties yet.

Comment

A standard map with 3+6 players sounds good. As I can safely be considered a bloody n00b now, I am not really into high difficulty levels. Not yet. Prince maybe? I will leave that to whoever is going to set the game up. I am looking for some easy fun, not a "challenge" this time.

I prefer "natural" map scripts - like continents. Something like the PtWDG map... definitely an ancient start, random opponents, raging barbarians, all victory conditions enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack
        A standard map with 3+6 players sounds good. As I can safely be considered a bloody n00b now, I am not really into high difficulty levels. Not yet. Prince maybe? I will leave that to whoever is going to set the game up. I am looking for some easy fun, not a "challenge" this time.
        My only concern is in making sure the AI does decently. I absolutely creamed it on Regent is all I know so far (albeit without having to take human opponents into account) so I'd definitely like to put us at Prince, perhaps even the level above (Monarch?).

I prefer "natural" map scripts - like continents. Something like the PtWDG map...
        I'd be up for any of the classic three types - pangea, archipelago, or continents all sound good to me.

definitely an ancient start, random opponents, raging barbarians, all victory conditions enabled.
        I had assumed all of those except raging barbs, which I'm certainly okay with. Would be interesting to see how raging barbs fare on such a crowded map.

So, civ choices? Random or pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
          My only concern is in making sure the AI does decently. I absolutely creamed it on Regent is all I know so far (albeit without having to take human opponents into account) so I'd definitely like to put us at Prince, perhaps even the level above (Monarch?).
          No problem with Monarch.

I'd be up for any of the classic three types - pangea, archipelago, or continents all sound good to me.
          Same here, continents preferred.

So, civ choices? Random or pick?
          Random for me, please. Or, maybe... Saladin. I just can't help myself - his leaderhead is so cool...

Comment

3+6 sounds good, on a continent map. As for civ choices, I'd just go with random.

For difficulty, I'd prefer Prince, as I'm not very good and that's the level I'm currently working on
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

All right, sounds like we have ourselves some game settings.

I'll set this up when I return on Monday unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

I realized starting this up we didn't discuss game speed. I assume Marathon is okay with everybody?

Just kidding, you can breathe. I do hope no one was expecting Quick, though, as I left it on Normal.

Save on to Zargon. He got Catherine of Russia, Vondrack got Mansa Musa of Mali, I got Saladin of Arabia. (Congratulations on drawing Financial civs guys. We philosophes fart in your general direction. ) Tracking thread started here.

BTW, I assume you guys know, but just in case: if you want to change your leader name, you can do so under the "Your Details" option on the menu.

Comment

Save off to the two Vondrack email addresses I had. Please let me know if you don't get it, and which one to use!
                  I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Got the save - will play it this evening (just got back home after spending the whole day at the construction site - have to work some first, but I will forward the save before going to bed, I promise).

Comment

Working...
                    X