Public Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Image

This could be very important if and when we come through the current onslaught.

Should we appoint one of us to contest the ether vs the silk tounged one? The rest of us stand largely aside and let that person carry our message forth? It might be good.

This next turn we should be in a position to proclaim the mortality of many immortals, and that without the GoW horse that yes, Vox stands alone.

Effectiveness of message in the public forum might be something we want to begin to consider.

btw, I nominate FP.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

btw, I nominate FP.

bah!

OK, I'll do it.

I'll draft something up once I know exactly what's happened.

Oooohhh... this is gonna be fun!
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

This job needs an eloquent native english speaker. FP is one excellent choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
        FP is one excellent choice.
        And I would encourage anybody else to have a go too. I didn't mean to steal this job away from anyone else. I may have responded a bit hastily, I don't want to put anyone else off.

Of course, I would post whatever I come up with in this thread for people to check before I post it.

Comment

Ahh, the (lazy)joy of being a foreigner
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

FP, you are the natural choice.

I have been packing your words around in my sig for ages now (literally, in game).

You are well versed in the language. You have that certain joie de vie that leads to good story telling. It's so you.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Getting the tone of this right will be difficult. The suggestions in the 'Radio Silence' thread are good ones - even if we do very well on this turn I don't think we want to build ourselves up too much.

I assume we want to improve our Public Relations with the other teams, right? That means making it humourous (at least a little bit), but refraining from any trash talking. I don't think that saying we're confident that we're going to wipe Vox out would do us any favours.

Comment

Good thinking.

Still, discouraging further support for Vox should not be discounted. If it can be done without coming out as asses.

Oh well, it is your blade to balance on.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

We're going to want to make it clear that we're VERY unhappy with GoW. I don't want to insult them or anything, but the kind of actions they've taken must certainly not be encouraged. I don't want everyone thinking they can just send a couple of Horses over here and cause trouble.

Hopefully we'll kill both GoW horses this turn.

Hmmm ... it's a tricky one....

Comment

Hmmm ... it's a tricky one....
                    Well, you're not getting that fat cheque each month for doing the easy things...Oh wait..
                    -
                    Do we even want to mention GoW at all? Not sure on that.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd say we kill their horses and send the turn without any contact or public declaration of war. Or, another variant, we kill them and say publicly, that the elite horse won a battle and gave them a leader, who was then killed by a conscript warrior.

But I never was a good diplomat.

Comment

I think that's what GoW wants. They can't seriously think they will do more than damage a couple of our units with this landing. Maybe they want a way to break the agreement with us, or at least give RP the sense that GoW is working for the 'greater good' (er... RP's good ).

I think something along the lines of:

'Raiders, seeking to plunder unopposed while Vox holds our military focus, have landed on our coasts and been dispatched of.'

Comment

Let's not mention GoW on the public forum at all, and tell GoW privately that we still expect them to keep the NDA if they want to play honorably.
                          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Why are we mentioning GoW's involvement?
                            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                              Why are we mentioning GoW's involvement?
                              All the other teams know that GoW have landed, don't they?

Is it a secret that we're not happy with invaders and want to kill the Horseman?

Comment

Working...
                              X