Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the same thread:

Originally posted by Darekill
    As i remember we would have given you our map. So don't tell me you are only going to explore the terrain. I remember such words that you are using now. It reminds me of a long gone Nation that once settled the very territory you try to occupie now. You know what happened to them? Do you want to share their fate?

Don't try to argue with us. Don't try to take our warnings lightly. We are not the best of friends with Glory of War but in this case we would strike as one!

I've heard nothing from RP so far but i think the'd be on our side too. So i beg you again leave! Leave or we will make you leave.
    Vox has a map from ND? We didn't know that.
    Is there any way we can get it from them?
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Chat! Join!
      #beachhead
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

There's another chat going on at #bob, but apparently we're not invited (the channel is password-protected). In it are Togas and Darekill.
        Do we see collaboration? Or are they just trying to fool each other, and actually preparing on attacking each other while they are busy with Vox?
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Private chat with Jon Miller. Times are GMT+2:00.

[21:31] Jon_Miller: so whot is GS thinging?
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: we are just trying to see our world
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: and we get set upon
          [21:32] Shiber: We're surprised by your actions
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: we are exploring?
          [21:32] Shiber: Don't even try, we know you're not there for exploration
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: yes we are
          [21:32] Shiber: you've taken a settler with you
          [21:32] Shiber: and immortals
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: (We have a settler to build if there is room)
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: all we ahve are immortals
          [21:32] Jon_Miller: int he north
          [21:32] Shiber: no, you have recently upgraded them
          [21:33] Jon_Miller: (we4 have kept our south free of them for you)
          [21:33] Shiber: if you wanted to explore, you would send warriors
          [21:33] Jon_Miller: we upgraded them when we found out how weak our military was
          [21:33] Jon_Miller: than we decided to explre
          [21:33] Jon_Miller: we didn't have any warriors ready to do so
          [21:33] Shiber: anyway, i feel some sympathy to your team, so i'm going to give you some advice
          [21:33] Jon_Miller: ok
          [21:34] Jon_Miller: BTW
          [21:34] Jon_Miller: we and GS need to talk about tech
          [21:34] Shiber: should you choose to stay, settle the hill tile south-east of where your settler is currently stationed
          [21:34] Shiber: the hill would give you a great defense bonus
          [21:34] Jon_Miller: why do you know so much?
          [21:34] Shiber: if you build a wall there, you should be able to hold that city, even from a combined GoW/ND force
          [21:34] Jon_Miller: yes, that is where we were thinking of cuilidng
          [21:34] Jon_Miller: but there was some debate
          [21:35] Shiber: oh, regarding tech,
          [21:35] Shiber: what is your team researching at the moment?
          [21:35] Jon_Miller: I am not sure
          [21:35] Shiber: could you check?
          [21:35] Jon_Miller: but we have arranged, or almost arranged, tech deals for a bunch of techs
          [21:35] Jon_Miller: (if this doesn't screw the deals up)
          [21:35] Shiber: can i hear some details please?
          [21:36] Shiber: btw, we will supply you with construction, currency and the republic soon
          [21:36] Jon_Miller: I didn't handle the details
          [21:36] Jon_Miller: ah
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

This game is getting really funny.

Vox should sit in their corner and be nice wimps. If they don't, all the bullies are going to gang up on them. Man. Someone is bluffing. Or, if they are not...

How long will it be before this 'triple alliance of Bob' is directed at us?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh, btw. The expectation of GoW that we would threaten Vox for them is crap.

Say that succeeds and Vox leave. Where do you think they would then send those Immortals?

The diplomacy (or the sorry excuse for it) in this game is starting to bug me.

'We want your maps.'
              Sorry, we don;t give them out.
              'You must be our enemy then.'

Call their bluffs and cease to respond when they get silly. Let them know that we are happy to speak with reasonable people. So far, GoW is seeming less reasonable than Vox was. That's scary.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Currently chatting on #bob (a locked channel):
                Jon Miller
                Mrmitchell
                BetaHound
                Togas
                Darekill
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Vox and the Bobians are reaching an agreement.
                  Last edited by Shiber; March 22, 2003, 16:32.
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I must agree with NYE- although HotE and UnO seem to be interested in diplomacy- real talks and an attempt to reach an understanding- it seems like the one who's calling the shots is GF, who's idea of diplomacy is somewhat limited, like NYE pointed out.

Shiber- how do yo know they're reaching an agreement? maybe it's a combined verbal lynch on Beta and Jon...
                    Save the rainforests!
                    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

After thinking things over for a bit, I conclude that this tiff between GoW, ND and Vox is a very bad omen.

From what we know, Bob is large. Far larger proportionally for 3 civs than our land is for 2. This means that all three Bobian civs can be expected to outstrip us in population and productive capacity as time goes on.

Fortunately, the 3 Bobians may have just tipped their hands. All that talk of war should now be treated as propaganda. 3 civs near each other's throats would not have reacted to Vox the way things went today.

Where to from here? Well, off the top of my head, we must prepare for war soonest. It is clear that the threat from Bob is large and growing. I suggest we strongly examine the possibility of allying with Vox to eliminate the nearest Bob civ in the event that war does break out on Bob. It is clear that the 3 intend to cooperate at least enough to eliminate all other teams from gaining in power.

Also, given their... approaches, I would not be surprised to see RP gallies with settlers off our coast sooner rather than later. Or a combined RP, GoW invasion of Vox.

Last thought, or question rather. Could we find out from Vox just what the heck happened from their point of view? What was agreed to earlier today? I can chat with Jon, but not until later (several hours from now).
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

My thoughts exactly, us non-Bobians need to stick together.
                        We need Lego in this ASAP.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

We must be very careful about how we proceed.

We are unprepared, the Bobians are. Any notiion that they get that we may be thinking along these lines may instigate hostilities prior to a time of our choosing.

Rather, we should steer conversatations towards our goals without ever saying so, even in private chats.

I fear that some of our own communications have been too direct and not oblique enough. I am certainly not happy with the course of our conversations with GoW re Vox. We practically wrote them a blank cheque with the result that Vox got trashed.

I am not criticising for the sake of criticism. I am pointing out that being blunt and too open can have nasty consequences. We hung Vox out to dry, and they almost got baked.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

On the other hand, the Voxidiots asked for it.

This whole turn of affairs is a joke... I really am ROTFLMAO.

Stay the course: Balance. Production power. Appropriate defense.

After the political insanity and rapid tech development, watch what happens when we claim our leading role on the world stage... who will scamper to be our friends?

A Bobian alliance? HAH! HAH HAH! A tripod is the least stable of structures...
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

About production and population- it will take some them some time to really beat us- after the pyramids are done we'll have a decent breathing room. Allying with Vox now is IMHO wrong- this will surely put the "Bobian alliance" at a test, and might actually make it real. We can't ally with them, not diplomatically nor militarily, not towards the outside at least. We could offer them aid, in discrete ways. Our interest, at this point, would be to make sure Vox breathes, enough to make sure it weakens, economically and militarily, someone on Bob. Meanwhile, we shift more production towards military build up. After we're ready- we'll weigh our option- siding with Vox, or moping them out.
                              Save the rainforests!
                              Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Working...
                              X