Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva
    What if we can get Lego into this....
    Good point... if Lego sees that GoW is fighting a losing war with ND and RP, then they might be tempted to take a bite of GoW's behind as well. Then we'd have Lego on Bob as well, which could hold off ND for a while.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

They are going to settle on the hill,aren't they..., please tell me they are going to settle on that hill....
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

We could also continue our building efforts- GoW wouldn't take on Vox on their homeland, not with ND waiting for their chance...

But, i think this is an opportunity for us- like FP said- a series of clashes in which Vox loses its offensive punch, and GoW doesn't lose much, leaves us an easy target.

Taking vox's Iron is surely tempting- they have numerous warriors they can upgrade. In fact, even if we don't take the source itself, we can cut off their road with our warrior.
        Save the rainforests!
        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

If we are not going to intervaein, I don't think we want to cut their iron...

The free tech for one.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

They are going to settle on the hill,aren't they..., please tell me they are going to settle on that hill....
            alva- they probably believe its a waste to make so close to wittlich...

*sigh*
            Save the rainforests!

Comment

The only Voxian on is Beta..

Did GoW already have contact with Vox?

Comment

Originally posted by zeit
                In fact, even if we don't take the source itself, we can cut off their road with our warrior.
                Ahh, how convenient.
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I also don't think we should intervene, not on GoW's terms, and not before we're ready for this. I don't mind so much about one free tech- techs are getting cheaper. Anyhow, i doubt we'll have a needed army before we reach the medieval ages.

I suggest we just warn Vox of the great risk of claiming land for themselves on Bob right now, with a bit of threat/scolding from us.
                  Save the rainforests!

Comment

Here's a possibility: we could tell GoW that we can cut off Vox's supply of iron before they upgrade the rest of their warriors (mentioning that we can see several ones) in turn 80, for an appropriate price.
                    Though I would be against it, because any payment from GoW would hardly make up for the lost free tech, if we decide to declare war on Vox then this would be a smart thing to do IMHO.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I hope, they can hold on to it.

IIRC Aeson was talking 'bout a plan to use our GA to expand onto BOB, this Voxian city could be quite usefull.

Comment

I think we should send Vox a somewhat friendly warning that their settling on BOB will almost surely lead to war with GoW. Then just let them do it if they want to.

GoW has so much to lose from a concerted attack on Vox, and unless they get a Leader to rush the FP with and Vox just rolls over and lets them have their cities, they have almost nothing to gain from it. If Vox fights back, Immortals in hilly terrain are going to waste Horsemen, especially considering they will have the initiative until GoW gets a coastal city. At the very least Vox can disband cities before they lose them, and GoW ends up with nothing except more empty terrain that they can't claim yet.

ND isn't likely to gain a whole lot from hitting GoW, they will probably lose ground compared to us, Lego, and RP even if they should win. Swords vs Horses usually favors the Horses on terrain like GoW has.

Comment

If we choose to side with Vox, then let's not forget to suggest to Vox that if they want to keep their beachhead, settling on the hill would be the best choice for them. A fortified spearman behind city walls would have 4.5 defense: enough to waste any GoW horseman or ND swordsman that tries to overtake it.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

With GoW busy on Vox- i'm sure ND's military power won't have a hard time hitting GoW and causing very serious damage, especially if the aim at their core, or sticking to the central high grounds.
                            Save the rainforests!

Comment

Okay, Vox are as of now officially BRAIN DEAD. Or they're playing dumb, and I mean REALLY dumb.

They mean to say that they seriously didn't realize the consequences of their actions? Pathetic.
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

It sounds like they are being attacked.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X