No announcement yet.

Turn 79, 1050 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight shields, we could cut off 5-6 turns.

The drawbacks are pretty straightforward.

Comment

Wouldn't a sacrificial Warrior be against the rules anyways? I know it was disallowed for Leader generation, but I think this would fit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

The drawbacks are pretty straightforward.
        You mean by rearranging worked tiles so that growth in Hurricane would be zero but production would be higher?
        How much food are we going to lose because of this? And would getting the pyramid 5-6 turns earlier make up for this civ-wide?
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

By triggering our GA earlier (11 turns), we lose close to 300 GA shields, and even more commerce. Tempest, EotS, and Arashi would be at about half capacity for half the GA. Then there would be 4 less cities founded.

For the 300 shields we could basically build Granaries everywhere we wanted them if we did miss out on the Pyramids, plus have another wonder of our choice. So it's not a good trade off IMO. It's trading a bird in the hand for a bird in the bush.

Comment

/me thinks of making the traditional, and rather crass, "I'd rather have two birds and my hand in a bush" comment, but decides better of it.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood you. What exactly did you mean by this comment?

Originally posted by Aeson
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

That if we triggered our GA the turn we end up in a Republic, we would get enough extra shields to cut off 5 or 6 turns of the Pyramids build. Probably 5.

The 'straight shields' was just indicating possible complications. Like if Vox didn't take a liking to us attacking them, and sacked Hurricane with their Immortals, or something of that nature.

Comment

Working...
                X