Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back temporarily!

Hey guys long time no civ!

I have the feeling I've missed out on alot, so fill me in!

To catch you all up to speed, my initial training is nearing completion for the U.S. Air Force ParaRescue (basically a more hardcore Navy Seals), and I have a small amount of time to check up on everything.

Thanks Alva for keeping my turns going, I wouldn't mind an update on the Meshelician empire...

So what's been happening? Are the Vox still being difficult? I heard Glory of War are coincedentally at war with someone? When did that happen?

What's going on?????

good to be back for a little bit.
    Meshelic
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Nice to see you around!

Shortly: We have a tech partnership with Vox, meaning they give us all techs they obtain, and we give ours. This way, we already got in-game contact to Roleplay and the Glory of War, and will get contact to Lux soon (they keep to forget it). So far Vox makes no trouble, aside from a quite sill gameplay.

On the main continent, Lux Invicta sneak attacked Neu Demogyptica. But ND was prepared and is kicking Trips ass (what was our job). GoW joined the war on NDs side. Public opinion awaits Luxes departure. Lux already razed one of its cities, because Demogyptian forces were approaching.

That's what we know.

Comment

Oh, and if you clean your mailbox, I can send you the latest screenshots. I removed you from the mailing list, because I twice got the response, that your box is full.

Comment

@ my email mailbox?

it should be cleaned out now.

WoW! Lux sneak attacked the NeuDemogyptians? That's awesome, I missed the first war ever! NOOO!!!

Man, is there anywhere that I can check for updates on that war, or to find out how it started or etc?

And how about the border disputes between us and Vox? Problem solved?

Comment

Mesh, try the ND foreign office for some pics, and more info. Also, there is thread in the PTWDG forum, named the same, where Trip posted a few pics. I think I've also got these copied in the ND diplo log.

Diplomatically, there has been a lot going on, one of the things is that we did iron a lot of wrinkles out of the relation between us and Vox, but also that we grew a lot closer to RP. But, RP's diplo tactics are something else, I'd say more devious. They had NAPs with GoW and Lux, and once they heard ND was going to attack Lux only a few turns before the NAP ended, they asked, and adviced ND to not attack now, and wait until it didn't oblige RP to join on Lux's side. But, one turn before ND would attack, Lux started the war, killing a provoking ND scout.

GoW joined in, officially because Lux crossed them on a deal, but also because Lux had not been telling the rest of the continent (Bob) that it was in contact with Vox. It didn't research much by itself, only traded between Vox and the rest of the continent, keeping a nice tax income in the mean time. GoW and RP were both mad about that, when they found out.

DeepO

Comment

Thanks Alva for keeping my turns going, I wouldn't mind an update on the Meshelician empire...
            Wait for the postman to ring...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Is Mesh gonna take back control of his Carthaginian Empire? Or will alva hang onto it for a while?

I've got the save now and I'm wondering whether I should negotiate with alva or Mesh about a deal that me and alva discussed briefly last night.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I asked the same Question in my mail to him.
                If I don't play, I will 'advise' him for the next few turns, so the deal still stands.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I can play for a little bit. The reason I left initially was because I lost my PTW disc, but I found it again

So yes, um, I could use an update, but I assume that this can all be reached through simply loading the save up, of course.

Alva - you had better be taking care of Hannibal and his troops! If I find a single city missing I will rebuild and invade your puny jungle nation!!!!

j/k

Comment

Ok, next turn will be sent to Mesh again (with orders )

Ahh, but Mesh, I know where you are, you have no idea how to reach my jungle...

You did get my first mail, didn't you?

Comment

Hey Mesh, back in the day, I got posted with Force Recon... did some cross-training with ParaRescue... you guys rock. Good for you,man, stay safe as you can.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        Hey Mesh, back in the day, I got posted with Force Recon... did some cross-training with ParaRescue... you guys rock. Good for you,man, stay safe as you can.
                        Thanks man! I still haven't passed the final hurdles, but hopefully I will. They say only 1 in 50 tryouts actually make it. My only problem is holding my breath for such a long time under water, and going through specific procedures while I'm out of breath! I blame it on the smoking for several years, but hopefully I can brush that off.

Comment

Working...
                        X