City placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City placement

I know I've been a bit obsessive about it (ha!), and yes Dominae, the concept has by no means been settled, but I really am pretty excited about the 2/3/5 city spacing concept, otherwise known as Ralphing.

I won;t be able to play with it until the weekend, and honestly even then I have a sh-tload of work to do...

Do we have any interest in re-visiting our city placement plan in this game?

(I do)
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

One key aspect of Ralphing is disbanding camps when aqueducts change the size cap from six to 12, but our current city plan is built around shifting from working almost all land tiles to working largely water tiles instead. Further, thinning out the number of coastal cities would cut into our commerce since fewer sea tiles would be in reach. There may be room for a few minor adjustments a place or two, but we really don't have much terrain suitable for Ralphing with the way our continent is shaped.

Comment

Although I like the concept of Ralphing, I don't think there is much opportunity here. The problem is indeed in the shape of our continent: because it's long and small, a lot of coast needs to be used, and as Nathan already said, we're currently working from using pure land before aquaducts, to mixed land and coast later on.

Ralphing would be good in this game too if we were to get to hospitals, but seriously, are we going to get that far? I doubt it.

DeepO

Comment

Re: City placement

Originally posted by Theseus
        ...and yes Dominae, the concept has by no means been settled,...
        I'm officially a broken record...

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
        X