No announcement yet.

Breaking the Game Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody said we couldn't use Leo for the WC to Cavalry upgrades anymore... set the slider to 100% tax for a while, pillage the road to saltpeter, and build WCs as crazy.

DeepO

Comment

Nathan, how do you think we could lock the game up with galleys and ancient era units?
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        Nathan, how do you think we could lock the game up with galleys and ancient era units?
        If Lux, ND, and GoW weaken themselves enough fighting (and slow down their research enough in the process), a joint Storm/Voxian strike force could finish them off. We and Vox would both be republics in golden ages, while they would have only normal despotic production. We and Vox both have UUs that give us more power for our production than anything they could counter with would have. And we and Vox woud both have vastly greater incomes to upgrade warriors to swordsmen/immortals.

That would give Gathering Storm both the biggest portion of our own continent and the biggest portion of the main continent, and would eliminate all three civs with UUs that could cause us serious headaches later. And even if we don't get a leader, we could found a new city on the other continent, pile in settlers and workers to boost it to size 12 (while reducing all our other cities below that size), and do a palace jump. I won't say we'd be theoretically unstoppable after that if the rest of the world would ally agaisnt us, but I suspect that Vox would rather go for a sure second place as our ally than risk the consequences of betraying us - especially if they don't fight their part of the war any more efficiently than I've been hearing people say they expect they would.

I don't know how good the odds are that such a scenario will actually develop, but I'm inclined to think it could make a lot of sense to be ready for it if it does.

Nathan

Comment

Ah, methinks Nathan is being seduced by the power of the Dark Side...

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Theseus, when I'm playing Egypt, I need very little seduction, just a good opening.

Comment

Working...
            X