diplo: updates on minimap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diplo: updates on minimap

If the ones who contacted other teams could help keep this thread on this important topic udated

We don't want to forget(be rude) to others either, do we

so far:
    --------------------------
    Neu Demogyptyca : alva :
    message sent and received
    Minimap sent and recieved(see GS-mail)

6/1/03
    ---------------------------
    Legoland :
    Offer sent by PM on 7/1/03. minimap 3950 BC offered.
    No response yet. (DeepO)

---------------------------
    Rollplay :
    Offer sent by PM on 7/1/03. minimap 3950 BC offered.

GK replied 7/1/03, saying everything was fine.

DeepO then replied (8/1/03), saying minimap will be sent to GK when home from work.

Minimap received by DeepO from GodKing, forwarded to our mailing list and e-mail (notify me if you wouldn't have received it)

GS Minimap sent to GK (and in BCC to our mailbox, so we can all use the same one) 8/1/03.

8/1/03: offer to GK, asking for contact information, and possible meeting of scouts

9/1/03: response from GK, telling we are not on the same continent, and they have met 2 civs ingame. Meeting is possible

9/1/03: response to GK, telling Vox is blocking us from meeting them, possible meetingspot at Isthmus (kind of a gamble, as we don't know for sure they have met.)

-----------------------------
    GoW :

6/1/03- ambassador (Zeit) sends Panzer32 a PM- stating that the GS members have come to an agreement- and desire a minimap trade.

7/1/03- Panzer32 replies- sends GoW agreement for this tradeoff.

8/1/03-Zeit sneds Panzer32 the details of the trade- the minimaps of the turn in which the capital was settled.

9/1/03- UNEXPECTED SETBACK: Panzer32 informs Zeit that he might not have an early minimap of their starting location(!?!?)
    ----------------------------
    LUX :

Dominae has contacted LUX, he will edit soon
    (alva) 8/1/03

----------------------------
    VOX :
    Last edited by alva; January 10, 2003, 10:43.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Very well, i just recieved Panzer32's (GoW) response to the offer- once again, his reply was a dull: "very well, send me your email address and we trade, mine is ...." - where is the fun in diplomacy and roleplay- definitely not an issue for him. (almost like dealing with the AI).

So, what are we going to trade- updated, 4000BC, blacked out maps, or...?
    Save the rainforests!
    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

And one more thing- since it seems we are trading our 3950BC minimap for theirs, i think its appropriate that a single version of it is sent to our "secret mailbox"- not to cause any confusion and also making more "official" being the first piece of military intelligence we are going to share.

I think i already deleted that picture, so, anyone care to send it?
      Save the rainforests!

Comment

Zeit, I was thinking the same thing, and should still have it at home. If I'm first, I'll cut it and send it.

BTW, when others have settled in 4000 BC, it would be enough for me to get that map for our 3950 BC map. The whole point is that the deal is equal, and we see as much tiles from them as they from us. Plus, in our case no sea is visible, where the little bit more exploration could lead to see some sea on other's map.

DeepO

Comment

There still two teams we havn't contacted yet??

Ah ,Zeit has..

Zeit, could you edit the first post with correct/current info?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Updated
            Save the rainforests!

Comment

We can tell GoW that we can make a blacked-out minimap with our icon marking our starting location, and that they can do the same.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Next question: do we want to trade current minimaps with RPG?

I think it is a bit risky, but may be worth it. For the moment I'll abstain

DeepO

Comment

1. Do we need theirs?

and if we do it, let's do it before our third city is founded (they will notice it anyway, but still)

btw: that was alot of info sharing

Comment

Yep, it was. But I figured we should be not the last one to cross the bridge always, I'm half expecting that GK contacts me next with either an answer on how to contact around Vox, or with more info on the other one they met.

There are only 2 options on how he could know we are not on the same continent:
                    - he knows it from Vox, who is not on the same continent.
                    - he doesn't know Vox, but is on an island himself.

option 2 is very unlikely, as otherwise they would not try to contact others that they know are close. So, he must know Vox.

DeepO

Comment

I've been in favor of trading full minimaps all along. (Edit: All along since we started reevaluating our minimap position after Vox learned so much about us, that is.)

Comment

I still say it's ND...(or no one on the same landmass)

Maybe they are near the edge of their continent themselves, explored north but didn't see the continent spread to the east enought to think/assume we are on the same one.

Comment

Okay, are there any other opinions on full minimap trades? I still find it not very safe for as long as we don't know we can settle all we want before someone else discovers MM, builds a galley, sail it over to our territory, and plops down a settler. I'm not sure, it may be that we can settle all our planned cities before anyone has enough time to do this, but if I was in an isolated position, I would certainly get to another continent asap. And the beauty of our spot is that if we manage to fill it full with cities, it will be relatively easy to defend from outsiders.

But, if we trade full minimaps now, or in 20 turns time won't matter, what we have uncovered could be enough for any civ to start expanding our way. We can't scout much more anyway, unless Vox gives in.

DeepO

Comment

not sure on this one.

Do we want to know we are isolated (too)?

Some general directions or saying we can see water to the west of us should be enough for now.

We should look how the other maps line-up anyway IMHO.

Comment

We could try to change minimaps with ND, but I doubt they will agree. Their map is probably much bigger than ours, they are expansionists after all, and would give one of their main advantages away, even it's only a minimap.

Comment

Working...
                              X