No announcement yet.

NEWS Contact with Roleplayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, meshelic. I will be against trading maps, or minimaps for the entire game, until someone can beat us in a war to gain that jewel of information, or we are so weak that we would gain massively by trading (unlikely).

They can try to blunder into us all they want when a war breaks out. We will know the land, we can lay in wait with traps. We can kick their butts.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Has anyone considered Godking might not be telling the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have considered as such. It may be a test of our aggression.

it doesn't matter however, until we explore more and find our neighbors.
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

GOOD!! More paranoia!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I just made my response to Godking.

I told him that we are not interested in trading any map, or finding out eachother's locations. We would prefer to find our neighbors first, then start making decisions regarding our foreign policy.

I also mentioned that the Wonder idea is getting some (but not alot of) support, but that he should wait for an official response on that in the next couple of days. Whether it is getting support or not is beside the point, lets see what he may reveal before we communicate again...
            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

We can't tell if Godking usn't bluffing, but we must treat the possibilty of early map trades seriously. I don't think a paranoid attitude would serve us in the long run. We shouldn't be so skeptic, or rather seem so skeptic, at least so we won't attract unnecesary attention in case we are the only team (or one of the few) that hasn't exvhanged any sort of map info.

I'll probe the GoW consuls on the matter, i'll tell them that we are discussing the prospect of trading general geographical information, sometime into the game (not in 50 turns, but rather in 15-20) after we explore our surroundings. Just so we could see how they view it, and perhaps they'll slip some information.

Meshelic- i suggest you urge all ambassadors to do so as well, just so we could get a clear picture on how they see the matter.
              Save the rainforests!
              Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Working...
              X