No announcement yet.

Turn 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the screenshots. 4-8-9 is starting to look like a strong possibility for Grog's exploration, depending on what we find. That would give us a good look at what's north of our capital.

Theseus, especiallly with how much gold we'll be taking in once we're working two irrigated fur tiles, we'll definitely do a lot better than 40 turns by maxing out our research. I think Alphabet is the only first-tier tech I ever research at 10%, and that only if I don't have a river.

Nathan

Comment

I just want to make sure we're not overallocated... I am usually a 10% player.j
      I used to do that too, not anymore, the less money given too the AI.... even if it meas running behind a littlebit(more).
      I did a game once without any trading. What I noticed from this is that the AI is more hampered by this this then you, at least in the long run.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Scouting: I'm still in favor of going straight on 4 with Grog, to encounter the opposite coast as fast as possible. The next one can go North. The only idea is to get an idea on what kind of map we are playing. Oh, besides, following the grass as much as possible also seems a good scouting strategy for him, so that we can see a lot of settleable (is this English?) land soon. Maybe we run into some cows we can ride

DeepO

Comment

hmm,
          About disease:
          Am I right in saying that:
          2 of 9 tiles in our city 'produce' disease = 22% ??
          Can we deduct from that, there is no one located in jungle...??
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Damn, I just don;t know how to play at Regent. Keep correcting me when I say the wrong things.

Nathan, are you advocating not going to the mountain?

DeepO, are you talking about 'Battle Cows' (very obscure reference)?
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yep, Battle cows

So I'm not the only one to remember... damn good story, that one.

DeepO

Comment

Hehe. We could have Storm cattle.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                  Damn, I just don;t know how to play at Regent. Keep correcting me when I say the wrong things.

Nathan, are you advocating not going to the mountain?

DeepO, are you talking about 'Battle Cows' (very obscure reference)?
                  "4" takes us to the first mountain, then "8" to the hill above it, and then "9" to the mountain northeast of the first mountain we found so we can see what the river does to the north. Unless, of course, something we see from the first mountain (like a goody hut) merits further investigation.

Nathan

Comment

489 seems likely for the moment (and great for visibility)...
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Hmm... screenshots... NYE, can you send them to me too (using my gf's email)?

In other news, cool, Grog lives. Since Grog will be a mountain man, will our second warrior head north or east?

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We can predict that the east will mostly be made of coastlines. Perhaps it would be a good idea to move northward along the coastline (but not too close, since we only want to scout the land at this point, not waste any time and movement points scouting into the sea). We should be able to find the other civs more quickly this way, or at least find nice grounds to settle on later.
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The question is, what will Grog see when he reaches the top of the mountain. If he sees a goody hut, he'll obviously want to go after it, in which case we may as well have him keep exploring west and send our second warrior ("Son of Grog"?) to the north. Otherwise, my inclination is to have Grog go to the other mountaintop he just spotted (4-8-9) and north from there, and have "Son of Grog explore a little to the south and then head west.

Comment

Gronk?

Arrian, send me the email address so I can add it to the distribution list.

I would like the second warrior to go east then hook to the south and head west. Passing under the capitol will tell us if there are any nice cattle sites down there for the 2nd city. It seems not many agree with me about the value of having a complete knowledge of all of the surroundings of the capitol before picking the first settler destination.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The third warrior can look east a little before standing guard over the capital (unless we spot potential hostiles in the meantime). For the second warrior, my inclination is to move two south, then one east if the shore hasn't slanted in by then. Then he can go a couple more turns to the south before coming back up on the west side of where he went down. That, coupled with the third warrior looking around just a little to the east, should give us a picture of at least most of our immediate area.

Comment

NYE, I'm not disagreeing that we need to have a full picture of the surroundings, but just pointing out that most likely we already have a position where eventually a city will need to be built (mound of the river, on the coast), so following the rest of the pattern this will more or less fix every other place.

But I am suggesting to travel in a horizontal band first, and not in a vertical band for 2 reasons: first of all, we should get a better idea on what kind of map we are on, second is that because we are at the edge of the grass, the horizontal band will likely be a continuation of that grassland. Further North will be desert, floodplains, and jungle, further south we will find forest, hills, and eventually tundra. But the grass we (and the occasional cow) love so much should be to our West...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X