Gathering Storm roleplay thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering Storm roleplay thread

Ok I've had enough, I'm going to roleplay and no one can stop me! This is open to all members by the way, although I'm hoping it won't be just me interested in posting here.

This is the roleplay thread for our own little nation, where I hope we can create a history of our culture and have a little fun with it. Perhaps we too will be able to share some of our stories here like the Roleplayers have recently.

(besides, this will help create ideas for the Gathering Storm Times which I hope to be releasing soon)

Meshelic
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

While we're at it, anyone for starting a kingdom management game based on the actual game, like we did at the Civ3 demogame? (it was nicknamed the $-minigame)
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The sun was beginning to set over the mountain range west of Eye of the Storm, the glorious capital city of the Gathering Storm. As the darkness began to cover the land, a low wind made the long grass wave like the seas, and the desert sands blew the dust and sand around, creating miniature tornadoes here and there.

Meshelic was tired, exhausted from his one-year trek across mountains, hills, through forests and deserts. He had not been to his home near the palace for over a year now, and was looking forward to resting in his own bed. The journey had been succesful, after being commissioned by the Grand Poobah Notyoueither to make contact with the other nations that scattered the globe, Meshelic and the ambassadors that accompanied him had been received well by their foreign counterparts.

Looking back, Meshelic was relieved that his mission was now over, but aware that his job was now going to require all the more of him. He would have to make his report to the Grand Poobah before he could relax in his luxurius home for the night with the female companions that followed him and his entourage back to Gathering Storm territory. But these women would have to wait. There was still much business to attend to.

"If only we knew how to write and draw!" Meshelic spoke to Zeit, the ambassador to Glory of War who also accompanied the Foreign Minister on his diplomatic journey abroad, "Then we could have drawn a map to make the voyage quicker and easier!" Zeit nodded in agreement.

Upon entry into the palace at Eye of the Storm, Meshelic bowed to the statue of a Storm Wraith, the most feared deity in the Gathering Storm religious history. The Storm Wraith had guided the ambassadors to their desired location through lightning storms and flash floods that made the party change direction numerous times, although in the end they were always on the path they were supposed to be.

Thanking the wraith for a safe journey, Meshelic continued to the throne room, where NYE, nbarclay and alexman were, apparently discussing building plans. General Arrian was there also, and greeted Meshelic upon entry. "Theseus is out in the dark training our warriors," Arrian told him, " they are learning to hunt in the dark."

"Impressive," Meshelic replied,"perhaps I shall see them from my roof when I return home."

The Grand Poobah glanced away from nbarclay, who was trying to explain to NYE his build plans using only his hands, as neither of them could read, write or count yet. He immediately noticed Meshelic, Zeit, DeepO, Alva848, Dominae and ManicStarSeed, who stood waiting at the entrance. "My Great Embassy! Welcome home! How are things abroad?" NYE embraced his fellow Stormians.

And the Great Embassy sat down with their Grand Poobah, the Builders and the Warriors, and told them the tales of their journeys to the other nations....

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
        While we're at it, anyone for starting a kingdom management game based on the actual game, like we did at the Civ3 demogame? (it was nicknamed the $-minigame)
        I'd be interested, although I never learned how to play the $minigame$. Start up a new thread for that Shiber, if people knew how to play I'm sure they would.
        Last edited by Meshelic; December 5, 2002, 20:22.

Comment

The Grand Poobah enjoys well told tales.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

not sure if this is the right place for this but that has never stopped me before.

Are we going to name the individual units (at least the first few) would add to the roleplay. We could name them after ourselves, though would be unfortunate when they die

Comment

asleepatthewheel you aren't roleplaying that are you? j/k

Naming individual units might be cool, and help with the roleplay. Maybe each time one of them dies we just pick another one, or an heir and name it AsleepAtTheWheel the II...? eh??

fair warning - Roleplay it next time!

Comment

Customising the name of every unit in-game is important IMHO. Even if all we do is name them Warrior1, Warrior2, Warrior3 etc... It will make it much easier to discuss strats later on.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Good point FP
                  eugh, that was me Roleplaying
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

... And so Meshelic and the ambassadors sat for dinner at the great dining hall at the Poobah Palace, as well as other respected officials who welcomed the diplomats. On the table where many plates of the palace finest dishes, the scent stiked Zeit's nose and a feeling of joy filled him. "So good to be back home, having to eat squirrel jerky and foraged berries for a whole year was almost too hard to bear!" Zeit exclaimed, which was soon followed by a bursting laughter from the envoys, and then by all of those around the table, who were until then busy trying to grab their meal by their hands.
                    As the second dish was served, a band of drumers entered the hall, and the Grand Poobah himself stood up and introduced them: "These that now perform for us are equiped with a new weapon devloped by our trusted wise-men, which will be used to instill the fear of the Storm Wraith of our enemies". "Indeed, a fine use for those poor squirrels' pelts, Meshelic added, but i carry a message of peace and partnership from AdmiralPJ of those who call themselves the Lux Invictia, which i'd bring to our tribal council for discussion" Silence fell over the table as rumbling sounds of drums began to fill the hall. The awkwards silence was finnally broken by alva, "I wouldn't trust those luxians, they show no respect for the Great Storm, It might be a ploy against us Grand Poobah..." He says in a sharp tone, only to be broken by notyoueither himelf: "Silence!, this will be discussed tommorow at the the council, and not here at this dinning hall..."
                    Embarrased faces looked around the table, until the Grand Poobah raised his cup and heartedly exclaimed: "I propose a toast for this fine assembly of diplomats, may they continue to represent us in good light, and strengthen our standing". Voices of agreement and relief were heard across the table, mixed with the sounds of cups hitting each other, drumers banging their drums, and waiters running around, filling empty cups of ale.

And so the feast continuned well into the late hours of the night...
                    Last edited by zeit; December 7, 2002, 14:22.
                    Save the rainforests!
                    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Why wasn't I invited?
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Why wasn't I invited?
                        All that while, the most trusted Internal Security chief, Shiber, kept a watchful eye, gazing around the hall, double checking the deployment of his secret Tempest troops in key locations around the palace. "The Poobahs are never safe, and the Eye of the Storm must always be watching, not playing and feasting" he thought for himself, with a pinch of jealously as he examined those respectd officials around the table. "...always watching" he murmured in the darkness...
                        Save the rainforests!
                        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Ahh, yes. Always watching.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The awkwards silence was finnally broken by alva, "I wouldn't trust those luxians, they show no respect for the Great Storm
                            So I'm married out against my will , but I guess I should be happy I can stay at our castle.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The days following the banquet for the heads of state of the Gathering Storm were just what Meshelic needed. To sleep in his own bed, albeit covered in female admirers from his journeys, was truly satisfying to the tired Foreign Minister.

Awoken early in the morning the next day by the inspiring beats of the new drummer squads that were raised in his absence, Meshelic rose to greet the new day. It was a beautiful Eye of the Storm morning, the birds chirping and the dew glistening on the soft grass. Off in the distance he noticed a small band of warriors, about eight of them, walking out the gates into the outside world. Leading the pack was none other than General Arrian himself, who strode confidentely in front of the rest.

Meshelic was about to rush out the door to greet them when he remembered to pay the proper respect to the Wraith, who's statue stood not far from his front door where people may pay homage going in and out. Doing several quick bows to the storm god, Meshelic raced out to greet the leaving warriors.

General Arrian stopped and looked back when he heard the distant shouts of Meshelic, the Foreign Minister. "Hold up Arrian!" The band of warriors stopped in their tracks.

"Hello there my friend, where are you going with our noble warriors?" Meshelic asked, breathing slightly heavy from running the last hundred yards, (he was renown for smoking the dried leaves of some of the local herbs and plants, a hobby he picked up on his journeys from some small, friendly barbarian tribes.

"I am leading this reconnaisance unit to survey the lands surrounding our city. Direct orders from the Grand Poobah himself!" Arrian looked proud to be given the command, albeit a small one. "Look at these warriors! They are the pride of our tribe! These men can disappear from sight before you can blink your eyes!"

Meshelic was impressed. The warriors looked more like trees, he noted. Their coverings helped them to blend very well with the surrounding environment. "Could do very well in battle against any vicious barbarians out there." Meshelic spoke.

"We are hoping for that. I'm sorry sir, but I must be back with these men four nights from now so I may report to NYE our findings." Arrian said, with both regret and anxiety in his voice. He was obviously excited to be on this first mission with the trained warriors.

"Well then I shall not keep you."

The two said their goodbye's and Meshelic looked at the sun quickly to tell the time. He still had a few moments before he must appear before the Grand Poobah. He walked quickly, nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X