The Rules We Know Have Changed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rules We Know Have Changed.

I guess I felt the need to start this thread because It didnt seem appropriate anywhere else.

First let me say thank you for the relaxed atmosphere. Gathering Storm is really taking a relaxed approach to the power structure of the team. This is a remarkable difference from the C3DG. It is refreshing and enjoyable. I believe this relates to the nature of the players and the smaller team that makes it possible.

Having said that, let me get to the meat of this thread.

The Rules Have Changed.

IIRC, we will no longer have any AI. This changes everything. No AI means reputation does not matter (sort of). Reputation only matters in how it relates to HUMANS, not the AI. Any deal we make , we can break before 20 turns and there will be no "hard-coded" restrictions. Our opponent's foriegn advisor will say we are despicable, but the HUMAN team can decide on the deal for themselves. WOW that is very liberating.

I have seen joking comments about "ringers" and all, but in the end it will be wrong to put any weight there. Removing the AI removes a whole range of behaviors that we all have grown to bank on (even through realms of uncertainty). We have all grown comfortable playing the game by studing the game to some level of understanding. Now we have removed one major element that most of us worked hard to understand. Now we will have a basic game structure for mechanics, tatics etc, but diplomacy (and in many ways trade) is a whole new game.

The removal of the AI adds a new dimension of the game and even though we have some of the more "published" strategests, It will be effecincy, combat knowledge and creativity that will win out. Knowledge of the AI has been rendered useless and obsolete.

All bets are off, and I am excited.

Mss
    Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Yes, with human opponents anything is possible.

All devious tricks, annoying tactics, massive naval landings and sneak attacks with big stacks what we have used before against the AI, can be now used against us by rival human civs.

Some teams may even decide that they dont like us and/or want to teach us a lesson and make a secret alliance + sneak attack simultaneously either to same target or from different sides at same time. This kind of plans could be hard to counter

Someone might even try archer rush (hey you never know about flash"many-numbers-here" guy or the warmongers team)

Like Manic said, this will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
    X