A small bit of news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small bit of news

Soren emailed me. He thinks the demo game is interesting and would like to lurk on one of the private forums. He asked me for entry to ours since he is familiar with many of our team.

The only downside I can think of would be if the other teams got their noses out of joint. I don't think that it should be a problem if we handle it properly. We could inform the other team captains that Soren had asked to lurk and that we were obliging.

Is it OK with you guys?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Of course it is. Soren is always welcome. But what would an AI programmer want to see in a MP game?

Comment

OK with me.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Are you kidding me? This is amazing news!

I just hope his interest means that he's planning to teach the AI some human tricks some day!

Comment

We'll have to make sure we post stuff that's worth reading.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I don't oppose this, but who is Soren? I haven't been around long enough to be familiar with who he is...?
            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Soren Johnson of Firaxis. He programmed the Civ3 AI.

Comment

Soren Johnson is a programmer for Firaxis. He coded much of the game, most prominently the AI.

Soren Johnson Firaxis is his log on id here on Poly.

/Double the answer, double the fun.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

PM sent to the other team leaders.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Wow what an honor!
                    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I was meaning to ask you that before, If any firaxians knew about this game, well I got my answer I guess.

It will be an honor.

Does that mean , there will be some sort of censorship from now on btw???
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Bah, I wouldn't have given it to him that easily: You want to lurk? Fine... what kind of 'secrets' can you spill to us in return

Nah, Just kidding, Soren would be a great observer here.

DeepO

Comment

No problems from other team leaders. EMail sent to Soren.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

edit: NYE is too fast for me

@Deepo:
                            Damned, you're evil but on to something
                            Last edited by alva; November 22, 2002, 04:20.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

We can refer to him as "the ghost ringer".

Definitely an honor

Comment

Working...
                              X