open this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open this forum?

The question surfaced in public again, but what are our opinions? I kind of oppose opening our forum, just because we don't know if something might be put in offensive wording. I don't think we were bad in name calling or so, but I'd prefer not to risk it.

OTOH, I said it before, a lot of us have literally thousands of posts in this forum, an effort that goes by unnoticed if the forum stayed closed. I really doubt anyone is going to read all of the discussions, but perhaps it is a bit our duty to the poly community to open our forum, and share our knowledge. At least we can't be considered spammers if you see the quality of the posts here.

DeepO

I strongly believe that we (and all the teams) should open up... among other things, I want to link to some of the early building and later warfare threads as sort of a legacy for the Civ3 Strategy forum. I remember commenting a loooong time ago that the Strat forum had slowed way down because all of the best stuff was going on in the PTWDG private fora.

I don't recall any particular abuse.... as compared to what I anticipate seeing in, oh, the GoW forum for instance.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I am fine with what ever is decided. I am pretty sure I have nothing posted that reflects badly on anyone, but me.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I have posted things that would be.....

misconstrued.

There is a fair amount of nastiness buried deep in the recesses of this forum. Against Vox, against RP, against GoW, against Lego.

Hopefully all can be written off due to heat of the moment.

Personally, I will not read the other forums, or at least avoid obvious threads, because I don't want to know or see personal attacks. I'm good with reading synopses on the main forum.

Comment

Well...

There's a lot of raw emotion in some of the threads in this forum. However, since it is likely that most of the other fora have similar pools of vitriol I have no problem with them being opened.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I would agree with that. Who knows what some of them can dig up, if they so choose

Comment

Hopefully all can be written off due to heat of the moment.

Somehow I doubt that, I fear we will see some bad backlash if we open the gates.

Having said that, I'm not going to oppose it.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd like to see them all opened. I'm going to go back and edit some of the things I said to be more inflamatory though... (GoW are such ********)

Comment

Comment

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Erh, Aeson, while you're editing, edit my stuff as well, would you?

DeepO

Comment

So, can we conclude that if everyone opens, we open as well? I'm fine with that. Indeed, I think the amount of abuse in this forum will be nothing compared to other fora. In general, we always showed respect.

DeepO

Comment

I doubt that any team will open up with nasty stuff left in, they will edit most of it out.

Comment

Well, they can. But if you feel like you want to wade trough 30,000 posts to find the pieces here you're more then welcome

DeepO

Comment

Not me I am not even going to read any of it. Way too much and if I start Iwill have to finish.

But all anyone has to do is look at their own stuff, not quite as bad. I wonder how much is still even around after more than two years.

I know Mark wants to archive this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X