Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public posts leading up to our probable annihilation. ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public posts leading up to our probable annihilation. ;)

A catalog of what is being said. It should be kept to a minimum. The goal is to give ND some good information through public channels a few times and hope that gives us one shot to mislead them at a critical juncture. Eventually to get them to load up Transports to hit us the turn before we hit them.

Starting with our knowlege of the UN builds and foreshadowing some GS troops on Legoland.

GS, or at least it's turn player (the rumors that they are one and the same are not true... yet), applauds ND's vision for opening nature preserves on lands that historically were in the hands of now displaced or conquered nations. I look forward to the return of Espania, Lux and the rest of former Legoland to it's rightful owner, nature, as well. GS would be more than happy to uphold it's end of the bargain by creating the Estonia nature preserve!

On the other hand, the refining of Uranium and creation of radioactive waste by ND is troubling to my environmentally conscious mind. Could this all just be a ruse on ND's part? Is western Legoland their idea of a nuclear waste dumping ground? GS offers it's military to help protect UN inspectors in the coming investigation.

We live in a critical time, where the decision between nuclear holocaust or pristine utopia will be made. Let us all come together to talk out our differences at the UN which ND is so graciously constructing for us.

Last edited by Aeson; March 5, 2005, 21:39.

I think it's a nice one, Aeson. However, I had to read it twice before I fully understood it (might be the hour at which I'm reading this).

I'm a full supporter of you handling the public side of this, and I agree completely we have to keep public responses to a minimum to avoid messing up the bigger picture. However please keep in mind that you are directing this to Germans, not all of which are very good in English. I know you know your way around words, but don't show off too much

Oh, and one good piece of advice: don't get burned. This could get ugly, especially if GoW enters the discussion. Togas isn't exactly doing a lot to keep the moods cool.

DeepO

Comment

I tend to refrain anyway from anything that is more than casual and won't be dumping statements into the public fray.

I did silently applaude Togas. The sad thing about the game is that no matter how well it was played, only the winner wil be remember by most.

Comment

Personally, I can't agree with you, vmxa. The Stanwix thing is going to be remembered... and our battle against Vox too. Both us and Lego won't win, I gather

DeepO

Comment

MZ's response gives all the opening we want, MZ practically gave us the higher moral ground. This does sound a bit suspicious, though... whenever GoW takes sides without actually commiting troops, there is a large red alarm light flashing before my eyes

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
            Personally, I can't agree with you, vmxa. The Stanwix thing is going to be remembered... and our battle against Vox too. Both us and Lego won't win, I gather

DeepO
            Only by the few that participated. The rest will see that so and so won the game. Not even knowing who all was in it in the first place.

But yes the handful that were in up to their eye balls will remember.

I would say that not many could have gotten this far with the GS holdings and we ain't dead yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              Only by the few that participated. The rest will see that so and so won the game. Not even knowing who all was in it in the first place.
              Ah, that's true. But OTOH, does it matter what the rest of the world think?

DeepO

Comment

But OTOH, does it matter what the rest of the world think

Nobody outside Apolyton will ever hear of this game, so I'd say the answer is "No"...however I would say it is important that the rest of the players in the game know how we did it...

OK, On Topic: Won't all of this change if we build the UN (if, not when). If we build the UN, then don't we have to be invaded, one way or the other? ND could never win via Diplo without Tempest, and if there were to attempt to invade Tempest, then we will have had our shot at invading ND itself.

What I'm trying to say is that wouldn't us building the UN be provoking enough to ND to force them to invade us. Because as far as they know, Vox could be ready to vote for us, as well as RP. And as GoW have an RoP with ND, if Lego landed in ND, GoW could always take them out...and as soon as Lego is gone...

So why not use The UN as bait? make it look as if we are trying to win via Diplo, and make ND invade us? Gut them when they overextend themselves.

edit: Typos - I'm using an old 500Mz, 128Mb SDRAM laptop to play Civ and surf the net, so i'm sorry for all of the typos, but this really is a bad keyboard...
                Last edited by Krill; March 6, 2005, 18:23.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Interesting idea, Krill.

3 problems I see with this:
                  - Vox is never going to vote for us. But perhaps ND doesn't know this so certain.
                  - timing. We need to build it first, to have any effect. Asking for a vote at first building doesn't do any good... it's not a bait at that moment. So we'll have to wait 10 turns (it's the same in PBEM as in SP, right?)... we can destroy Lego in that time frame, but ND has no need to invade us until turn 9... too late for our purposes
                  - if we build the UN, GoW has all of a sudden all reason to protect Lego, instead of hunting them down. Lego won't vote for us, and as long as RP is around this balances out.

You are right in that the UN creates (another) bullseye though. And the timing could even work in our advantage, as we could use a couple more turns to get some builds finished. OTOH, if ND would finish the UN (I still think they're aiming for Manhattan), that's a good reason for GoW to join us instead of them.

DeepO

Comment

If our public position is that we intend to take back our holdings on Lego, we can state that to GoW privately too. If MZ were to convey this on to ND, that might help us.

Comment

heh... cross-threading. I just mentioned that in the other thread

I think it is important to be careful in this. We can ask how GoW would feel for another war on Legoland, this time between ND and us. We can't say we will take back what was ours at all costs. No lying, but enough implying...

DeepO

Comment

Good post Aeson

Comment

BTW, I just thought of something I forgot to mention last night: You are our official voice. Posts like the last one don't need to be made as if they are just your opinions, you can be confident that GS supports what you are saying.

DeepO

Comment

Togas seems to be royally pissed about this... I can understand, after getting hope of being of some importance again. But still, if it gets too far I'll send a message asking to keep his cool. Right now, let him vent I would say.

DeepO

Comment

Togas has a temper, yes. However, he is equally capable of trying to push buttons while staying very cool.

Does he have any idea that we want ND to get themselves on their boats to come to Stormia? He seems to be trying to provoke it.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X