Post-war priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepO
    One question: what do we gain from Vox gaining land on Lego major?
    Diplo-points. We probably put ND out of the running for the UN, and maybe pre-empt GoW offering Vox land independently.

RP is different. They were involved in this war, even if they were late. Their ships have been sailing towards Legoland for several turns now, just as long as we've been sailing towards Legoland. It's not their fault this whole thing ended before they could be of use to the alliance. And I'm sure we can make this point to GoW as well.

Good point - we could make a claim for RP to get something out of the territorial kitty rather from us. We can them offer them more if we wanted.

Dyes: I prefer RP over Vox to hold on to them.

We could put it to GoW - though they would probably see that idea as too beneficial to GS - unless RP was to be released completely, which we may not want if we are to have a shot at the UN.

Rubber: we need that resource, and we've got to protect it too. Building a fortress city right on top of it makes sense in my mind... well worth the airport-rush cost.

Agreed. Make it very expensive to deprive us of the rubber.

Comment

build a town, rush walls, an aqua, a hospital, and a barracks, sjove 20 MI in there, and another 5 MI on a mountain gaurding a radar tower

That's a lotta gold, pop, and shields...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You forgot the Civil Defense, Krill.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

I think we should consider the most likely areas for Aluminium and Uranium and try to factor that into our claim, also considering contiguity and the rubber.
          Does anyone know off-hand what the territory is for these resources in PTW? Also consider that ex-jungle could hold jungle resources.

Comment

Alu: hills and tundra
            Uranium: mountains and forest

(rubber: jungle and forest)

DeepO

Comment

Oh, and I was talking about what Vox could gain for 'us' like in the GoW-GS alliance. What it offers us as GS is obvious.

DeepO

Comment

OK, let's look at the map for possible resource-spots.

Comment

So Castlelea is the most likely mountain-Uranium spot. Forests could have been anywhere north or south of the desert - but probably more chance in the flatter north.

South and West - our more likely areas to claim geographically - are hilly and good prospects for Aluminium.

If we're going for an SS, we only need uranium for 1 turn - as H_E demonstrated against vondrack in that famous PBEM with the doughnut. Aluminium is therefore more important - but we might need a good spread of nuclear deterrent to stay alive that long.

Comment

If we go for a stealth SS, we need uranium beforehand, otherwise we can't finish the SS in 1 turn. But it looks like Stormia has more mountains then Lego... also Vox could become very important here. given their terrain.

If the South doesn't give alu, we can't assume anything anymore. Also, the desert would be nice to have as a backup in case oil runs out.

DeepO

Comment

Well when we get the turn we will know a lot more about what can be done. Right now I still worry about GoW having all of those arts and bombers.

I would like to capture the remaining arts to offset that a bit. If we do make a deal for land, we will need many settlers and workers to get cities down and railed.

A net loss of production, but we will need to be settled quickly. We should end up safe from any culture from Vox though.

Comment

I like the idea of moving RP to Legoland. That would give us direct control over N. Stormia again - which means we cover the defense of that area. As long as RP is there, it's a security risk (it's a security risk period, I guess, but I feel safer if it's under our control).

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                        X