Naming stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming stuff

I just (re)noticed sleepy proposing to name something after Vel, as the little bit of support we can give them. I think it's an excellent idea... and, we can take the time to think of other things to name as well.

Why not name, or rename the first city we find on Legoland which has a few mountains near to it to Candle'Bre? It should be one we've got a decent chance of holding onto, of course, we don't want to lose it the next turn

Anyone has any other ideas on cities, or names of units? In case we would generate a leader, I think we better name the unit as well

DeepO

When we take our first Lego city by amphibious attack, perhaps we could call it Marine Harbor.
    Another name for the first city that we conquer, but one that might rouse unwelcome comments from other teams is The Inevitable.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We could also call it Omaha beach... problem is it won't be there for long, as it will be destroyed the moment our settlers are in place to settler-hop our tanks to the next target.

I'm not sure if we want to rebuild a city at the exact same spot, it could be that it is rebuilt one tile off.

DeepO

Comment

If we rebuild a city with the settler, can we name it Arromanche? After the Mulberry habour (or rather the only one that survived the storm)

Rename the FP city or Legopolis after Vel, if we can take it. or name the city that we rush the FP/palace in (if we do take that road)
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I might prefer it be one of our significant cites that is renamed Velocyrixville.

It is our gesture to Vel. Not something to be foisted onto a conquered foe which could be seen as an insult.

I have the perfect candidate. Inchon. A golden point of strategic thinking by this team.

I can think of no better candidate to bear his name.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Why not just rename our capital?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I agree that it should be one of our key cities, not captured terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                I might prefer it be one of our significant cites that is renamed Velocyrixville.

It is our gesture to Vel. Not something to be foisted onto a conquered foe which could be seen as an insult.

I have the perfect candidate. Inchon. A golden point of strategic thinking by this team.

I can think of no better candidate to bear his name.

Comment

Well, DeepO, make it so...

We could name our new city on Lego "New-Inchon".
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Velocyrixville? I'd rather name it Vel-ville... but the point is we already have Dissidentville. Is Candle'Bre not sounding right? It is after all a virtual place Vel spent a lot of time in

The idea of renaming Inchon is fine by me. It's not exactly one of our major cities, but a well known one.

DeepO

Comment

Vel-ville

Nice ring to it.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

How about "New-Vel" ( a word play on "nouvelle")
                        or
                        "No-Vel" ( you should be able to work this one out for yourself )
                        or
                        "Velocity"

Comment

Hartpence city for his true name.

Comment

All good... poll?
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Veloria.

Comment

Working...
                              X