Something for the far future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for the far future...

Just had an idea... I was thinking on how to win by covert space ship. Apart from all the details, there was one thing bothering me: in order to launch the ship at the same moment the Apollo program was build, we needed 2 large prebuilds, both for the SS casing and SS engine. Both are 640 shields. All the other parts, including Apollo, can be prebuild with nukes (500 shields). Only decent prebuild available is our palace (currently 700 shields)

This is perhaps a wild idea, and certainly a bit of a dirty trick, but what if we use the casing itself to prebuild the casing? Let me explain... you can only build the casing when you've got Apollo. So, build the wonder, change a city to casing, and raze the city in which Apollo is built. Immediately rebuild the city, and pump it to correct size. Start on Apollo again, in some other city.

This will leave the SS exterior casing still building in the city of your choice, as only at the start of a build a check is done if all prereqs are present (e.g. resources). I'm not sure how the game will react if the build would end before Apollo is rebuild, but with proper timing, there is no need for panic.

Any obvious oversights from me? This is all untested, of course, and I agree it could be called an exploit. It's just a thought excercise for the moment, which might give new ideas.

DeepO

I don't know. If it would allow you to continue building the part that would be an interesting idea. It might just say "casing no longer able to be built" and require the change of build the next turn.

CfC and Longevity might work and still be available to build if the tech has been researched.

Comment

It should be tested, yes. You might be right, though, as it is a wonder it might follow different rules. But even then, SS parts which suddenly lack a resource finish as well.

CfC and Longevity is not on the prime tech road, which could be the main problem. And nobody will believe we're going for them, instead of e.g. nuclear power or so. The space techs are still justifiable, as it will lead to Star Wars, which is a handy tech to have

DeepO

Comment

You can rebuild a destroyed wonder?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

you can rebuild small wonders. And I assume apollo can be rebuilt just like the forbidden palace can, I've never tried it personally.

Comment

Working...
          X