PTWDG News Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTWDG News Update

Markos asked me for a news update for this game, and I said that I would inquire for some stuff.

I was wondering if you guys would be willing to write something up (or allow me to) about the upcoming invasion (once you land, of course). Nothing too specific, just a broad "look, something's actually happening!" It won't be a surprise to anyone once it occurs and that's pretty much the focal point of the game so it would make a good news story.

I was thinking something else, but related to this. As we are required to give the battle reports to Lego, who is free to share them with Vox, there is no point in keeping them secret. We will want to know how GoW is doing, and giving battle reports to them is kind of obvious if we have to give them to Lego. RP can have all the information they want, and ND... well... there is no real gain in keeping the information from them.

So, I was thinking on setting up a DDR thread in the public forum, where those reports are posted, together with a few screenshots on our tactics. Of course, these shots have to be carefully picked, and in some cases camouflaged to hide our strength, but most of the information on them will already be disclosed to Lego.

I would like to do that, it makes the war that much interesting... only problem I see is that it takes time to do it right. But most of the time goes to the battlereports (which I still vigorously oppose)

DeepO

Comment

When in the turn cycle are teams required to publish / send their battle reports?

It seems to me that turn order could mean that some teams get info for days before their move, others no time at all.

{EDIT: PS - I oppose the battle reports too. With GoW hardly able to field a turn player atm, extra workloads are unlikely to help the game. However, that matter has been voted on.}

Comment

I don't think a time has been precised on which the battle reports need to be sent in. A possible publishing of screenies would of course follow that: we can prepare everything, and only post it after the next turn is played by Lego, for instance.

Also, in case we do something like that, we have to restrain ourselves on how much information we provide. We can't all start answering questions, or too much will leak... only the reports, discussion of them after the war.

DeepO

Comment

Also, in case we do something like that, we have to restrain ourselves on how much information we provide.

How about delaying info to the public with say (at least) one turn?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

That would be neat if you guys keep it maintained and avoid it turning into a mud-slinging-fest.

Comment

Working...
            X