No announcement yet.

GoW War Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND may have to be "dealt with" yes. But then again, it may be that once we take out Lego, ND & GoW will team up once again to finish us. They're awfully cozy.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Don't matter, it will be two on one at some point, if Lego goes down. It would be nice if it was us and GoW on ND, but ND is on my list in any event.

Comment

Next GoW question (also in GoW diplo thread)

Hello vulture, thanks for the info.

It seems we will be delaying to get those extra tanks. Also your point on the settlers was correct, I had forgotten to include them in that plan (I actually wrote that plan initially for the private forum just hours before catching my plane ), rest assured GoW will have settlers (3 of them) in the force.

Also regarding the distance to Dye Fields, yes, at the very moment we will likely sail from one tile south than planned so our fleet can sail into Dye Fields directly. That map was made considering Jackson as the main target and Dye Fields as a secondary only-if-Jackson-is-too-heavily-defended. ND is probably going to spy for us to see which of the two is better.

One last question, what is the size of the force GS plans to send over?

-MZ
        Is there any reason we shouldn't give them our force info? And where is it hiding anyway?

Comment

We should share. They told us what they're sending.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

From the turn thread we were discussing this stuff in (linked available in the GAUL thread):

So we'll have:

23 Destroyers
            23 Transports
            100 Marines/Tanks
            15 MI
            15 I
            2 Explorers (should be enough considering that Conqs will be along too)
            6 Settlers
            Of those 100 attack units, it was my understanding that 50+ will be marines. 56 was the number I suggested, which leaves 44 Tanks.

I also thought that at some point we dicussed bringing along a carrier, but perhaps leaving it empty as fleet defense/decoy (because we'd already built it?).

I'd tell MZ we're going for roughly 50 marines, 50 tanks, 30 inf, 20 destroyers, 6 settlers, and also that RP is bringing some Conq's for pillaging ops.

Additionally, does anyone think we might want a team of workers too? It might not be readily apparent right now what we'd do with them, but workers are something you hate to find you need but don't have, you know? I think we have some empty transports in the fleet. Perhaps 1 of those can carry some workers over.

-Arrian

Comment

Message as suggested by Arrian sent. Check GoW diplo log for further info.

Comment

Guys, some comments.... those forces I predicted a time ago, was based on Turn 240. Not turn 245.

Further, if they counted alright, they are planning on D-day in turn 250 or something close, not 245. Which is too late for us, Lego will most definately have loads of tanks by that time. They have to hurry up, e.g. by loosing the bombers. Also, forget the extra 5 tanks, this means 10 tanks from Lego in the mean time, which is far worse!

As to our plans: I would not tell them which city we hit, nor how many settlers we bring (okay, the 6 is fine, as this will be our initial force only, we're planning on more)

MI/inf: I'm not sure. obvioulay they will have noticed we have entered the modern era, and can imagine we're going for computers. I don't mind to share this with them, but at a rpice, and I strongly doubt they can afford that price before invasion time. It would however shorten their needed time, in case they are still planning on inf builds.

Basically, I want to sell everything to GoW right now, but the moment we've invaded Lego, we have to realize that all deals are off. They will not blink to turn their coat, and invade us them moment they see an opportunity, and the gain in doing so will only be bigger in case they still have outstanding debts.

final thing: we could ask what they think of ND, and how they see their relation evolving. We're sending most of our defense over as well, we shouldn't tell them, but if at all possible we should press them in doing the same. Less time needed for extra forces, is better for us in all aspects: the longer we wait, the longer their production power has to catch up with us.

DeepO

Comment

DeepO - check the timeline. The 1280 AD date seems to have been based on assuming 10 year turns all the way (since their transports move 5 tiles from 1270 to 1280). I sent the timeline above to MZ, and he accepted it as fine. That's with D-Day in turn 243.

If you think I've got it wrong and we still have a miscommunictaion, then I'd suggest that the best strategy would be for you to PM GoW ASAP (aren't acronyms great) to nail down dates and turn numbers.

Comment

Okay, I admit I only had a glimpse on the precise timeline... I'm back from holiday, and will go over this in more detail tomorrow evening (tonight some social requirements to take care off). It sounded fishy, though...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                    X