Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 233 : 1180AD

The save is in, I'll play it tonight.

Looking at it last night I found that the Diplo bug has moved to GoW Their deals screen crashes the game, perhaps I should report this in the public forum.

Defense Plan, first iteration. Comments please!
    Aeson's comments, mostly implemented now

Start

- RP sends 100g + WM. Sending WM in return.

- EotS builds Tank, start Tank.

- Bolderberg builds DD, starts DD

- D-ville builds Worker. Starts Tank.

- Eliopolis builds Tank. Starts Tank.

- Tempest builds Tank. starts Tank

- Tornado builds builds Worker. Starts Tank.

- Typhoon builds Tank. Starts Tank

- Monsoon builds Tank. Starts Tank.

- Blizzard builds DD, starts DD

- WoC builds Tank. Starts Tank.

- SA builds Tank. Starts Tank.

- 2363 gold, 70%, 703bpt, -182 gpt. (computers in 8 of 9) 703/6240 beakers collected. (is it this turns bpt showing or last that gets added?)
    Modern Era Tech Cost

(notes from prev turn)
    tech plan
    8 turns at 70%, 1 turn at 60% gives us computers. That will cost us 1459 in gold right now. Add to that some 400 in extra upkeep over the next 9 turns, totalling the cost at little under 2000 gold.

640 for 1-turn tanks in SA --> 2640 in gold.

Our income in the same period: 500 from GoW. 900 from RP. and at least 1000 from ND. That's a minimum of 2400 gold, added to the 2510 already present. We are left with 2300 gold for upgrades and spy missions.

We need 960 to upgrade our galleons, after that, every 20 gold gives us an MI (let's say 30 MI for the moment, which will be more than enough). Another 1500 gold, or 800 gold in treasury for spy missions in 241. If we sail in 241, we've got 2 more turns of cash collecting, or some 900 more gold, totalling 1700 gold by D-Day. This most likely will be supplemented with us selling tanks to ND. It could as well be supplemented with us selling radio to GoW (which we might consider doing, for various reasons).

Is this enough? If not, we need to delay the invasion, as every turn will roughly give us an extra

400-500 gold.

shortrushes
    - disband MI (zonk) in SA.
    - shortrush to settler (20 gold, 80 gold)

forces
    (- 6 MI, 2 galley)
    - 14 art
    - 24 workers (+2/turn)
    - 5 settlers (+.53/turn)
    - 20 rifle
    - 57 inf
    - 63 tanks (+ 6.75/turn)
    - 12 galleon
    - 20 destroyer (+1.08/turn)
    - 11 transports (+0/turn)
    - 2 carrier
    - 3 sub (+0/turn)
    - 2 explorer (+.18/turn)

- Strong in strength to GoW, to ND, and to Lego.
    - Legoland with no Vox slaves this turn

Moves

We could have squeezed another 2-turn destroyer out of Typhoon at a pinch - instead of a tank and using the extra shields from Cyclone this turn, and shuffling WP around in all nearby cities to get 60spt in Typhoon, leave the others on par and only really screw up Sufa, but after agonising about it for ages I left it as Tanks, as per spec.

- 2 forest remains, D-ville 99 and WoC 23.

- 7 new tanks to 7 East coast cities. ( I assume that includes Eliopolis rather than Typhoon)

- DD that arrives at Galleon sport forts. Galleon returns home.

- DD from BB moves round coast

- DD arrived ar Sufa forts

- DD from Blizzard parks outside

- Southern Sub moves 669 adjacent to Tipperary and spots a Lego Sub at Tip36
    - Northern sub stays.
    - Central sub moves 221. spots 3 workers stacked on hill (possibly just forted it - they've a LOT of forts)

- all the rest fort, extra workers on the coast included.

workforce shuffles

Irrigated BB8 to get +62spt, 0fpt, couldn't get surplus without hitting neighbours.
    Got Tornado back to 50spt.
    Typhoon at -2f this turn. Sorry I couldn't do better, I've very little time this week.

Current Builds
    the plan basically is to keep building whatever is building in a city, and from the moment we get marines from GoW, switch all tanks to marines.

Eli : tank in 3 (could switch to fighter)
    Inchon : explorer in 4.
    WoC : tank in 1
    Inchoff : tank in 3
    D-ville : tank in 2
    Santa Ana : tank in 1.
    Blizzard : destroyer in 3
    Monsoon : tank in 2
    Arashi : palace in 12 (prebuild for CIA)
    WW : tank in 1
    Tempest : tank in 1
    SS: settler in 2 (shows 3)
    Hurricane : tank in 1
    OG : DD in 2
    EotS : tank in 1
    Bolderberg : DD in 2
    Cyclone: settler in 1
    Tornado : Tank in 2
    Typhoon : tank in 2
    Sufa : Explorer in 1

Diplo

- Anyone has any idea when we could start selling communism around? GoW doesn't have it yet, nor does RP.

- Lego has caught our sub in their waters. Oops, I wonder what they'll say.

Other

The Diplo Bug has hit GoW

- in F11, we're #3 in production at 932(last turn 921). productivity 1898, #4 (last turn #4 at 1901).

-Legopolis is still running a food deficit.

Next Turn

Er, try and sort Tyhoon out (only lost 2f)

- get Tornado back to 50 spt
    - get Bolderberg back to 60 spt (62?), and + fpt

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      - Lego has caught our sub in their waters. Oops, I wonder what they'll say.
      Uh oh

we should take this opportunity to name this sub something extremely clever. Unfortunately that is not my forte

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing....

Comment

Do we have any agreement to not go there?

Comment

No, there's no agreement but if one of their ships was that close to us we might have something to say about it.

What this means is that even if we take out their visible pickets, they will still have subs capable of seeing our advance. If they've got a bunch they could screen the whole approach, and unless we had loads of subs ourselves to seek (and attack with Destroyers) we'll lose our surprise.

Comment

I am not really expecting to have much of a surprise. None of the big civs will be asleep. They will all have some sort of pickets, all we can hope for is to have too many attack points for them to defend at once and they pick the wrong one for them (IOW go for GoW's forces first).

Comment

I agree that there isn't going to be much suprise anyways. If we kill their pickets they know we're coming and ramp up military production. If we leave their pickets they know we're coming and ramp up military production.

When it comes down to it, they will have their military in place and have the same numbers either way. The only thing it might affect is how much damage our fleet takes. Though even if they don't know where we are exactly, they could guess pretty close.

Comment

Typhoon: CH, are you sure it stays in WLTKD? Going from memory here, but I thought we needed it for 50 spt. Sacrifice Sufa food if you have to!

I know it's not that easy to find how to do everything, and in many cases it requires changing improvements to get it perfect. It takes a lot of thinking time in some cases. So don't worry if you miss a few shields, we'll get there no matter what, I'm very happy you took over while I'm away!

DeepO

PS: Lego sub: We could anticipate that. We only need 3 subs to cover all coast, they need the same. If they would go for flight before tanks, they can do serious damage to our invasion fleet: bombard our DDs, then use subs to get to our transports. However, would they risk that? As it is a risk: if they can't bombard all our DDs, we land with massive troops, and they don't have tanks to counter our MI.

DeepO
                (back to the massage ladies, see you guys soon )

Comment

Working...
                X