No announcement yet.

The Cold War Heats up: A legoland Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego go bananas whenever anyone is slow on a turn. Togas has played it now.

We mustn't have a naval arms race, we should move our own scouts 'up the park' in reply. They are looking for our quiet naval buildup, so we'll look for theirs.

Comment

I've been thinking on something else. This is a perfect excuse, if it escalates, to cancel our lux deals. Not only ours, but also GoW's and ND's.

Re: moving transports up: we can upgrade some transports, and move them up close to their coast. That makes a lot more convincable threat.

But in that case I think a message to them is in order, something like "Why do you force us to threaten your coast as well? Moving your galleon one tile wouldn't hurt you one bit, and we both know the upgrade argument is a bogus excuse..."

DeepO

Comment

I don't know if we want to say anything provocative. I'm sure they are scouting, rather than getting into place for a chained invasion. Words like "threaten" only raise the stakes.

I suggest:

We are surprised at your determination to maintain a naval presence within landing range of our coast. Under these circumstances you will naturally understand that we have no choice but to arrange a reciprocal presence off the coast of Legoland. An alternative solution would be for the Horatio Nelson to withdraw 1 tile eastwards.

Respectfully Yours,

etc

Comment

If Lego are happy with both sides having advanced pickets, this suggests that they are not planning an Invasion, but striking a defensive posture.

Comment

I like the message. However I've got to check if we're able to threaten them immediatelty, it could be that we need a couple of turns before we get into place.

Oh, and the scout is forted, so I don't think it is there to move in and out of our waters. But that doesn't matter... it's too close

DeepO

Comment

Did CH's last suggested message get sent?

In a general way, I think we have to acknowlege that Lego will be expecting the worst, i.e. an attack by us, with allies.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
              X