How is it going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it going?

I have been away so much lately, and that will not get better any time soon. Work has had to have priority stepped up several notches, and I have some other interests that have a time critical factor to them.

So, here is where I ask how things are going? Has DeepO worked out how we finesse the space ship launch out from under Lego yet?

How is Cort doing?

As always, if you all need something for the forum, I will see any PMs promptly. If you want powers transferred to someone else, we could ask Mark and Dan about that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Space ship launch? No way, we'll beat them in the ground first

It's going steadily, nye. we're getting ready for the invasion of Lego, but at this rate, it will take another 2 months to start (some 30 turns). The first units and ships are being built now, and we've got the economic power in place to outbuild nearly everyone. But the window of opportunity is slowly closing, and we need to hurry if we want to have a chance.

The forum is relatively quiet lately, which I hope will change once the war is getting closer. Diplomatic contacts with other teams are also slumbering, but it seems most of what we want to achieve is getting done, with a few minor hickups.

In general, you can call this the silence before the storm: A lot of economic planning, beaker and gold tweaking, building up for the big bang we hope to create in some 30 turns.

Good luck in your other interests, and if you want to get more active in a month or two, I'm sure we can use your input!

DeepO

Comment

Thanks for the update, DeepO.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Are we going to use Marines?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

Yes, according to Vulture's projections, we'll need 32 marines for a non-metro city protected by 8 infs, or 40 for 10 infs.

Those are the numbers we're looking for. Get 40 marines in plenty of transports, protected by destroyers, and with enough reinforcements (infs, arts, tanks). Take one city, and secure it, so it can't be counterattacked. Land everything else, and slowly start to conquer them, without overreching.

It looks like GoW is willing to do the same from the other side, while ND is getting to embargo Lego as well. If we can first cut their economical power, there is little they can do to a full flegded invasion from an alliance.

Lego seems to be going for marines as well, though, and currently have infs (but no hospitals).

DeepO

Comment

Damn. They are close.

We don't think they will be vulnerable to a doughnut attack? Did you see what HE did to that guy in a PBEM?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

They are too sharp for that, we also have to presume they are starting to get the idea someone will be coming for them soon.

Everybody here read the the post and is alerted.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                Damn. They are close.

We don't think they will be vulnerable to a doughnut attack? Did you see what HE did to that guy in a PBEM?
                That guy was a member of Legoland, Tiberius....

and good to see you round these parts

Comment

Doughnut attack is not possible, unless they would land a full invasion force on either Bob or Stormia. Tiberius' forces were almost completely off his home ground.

Plus, we'll need 3-movers for that, which we don't have (no saltpeter, nor mil trad). However, we do have another ace: RP, with its conquistadores. They are ideal for pillaging jobs, and we will need pillaging, a lot of pillaging.

And I agree, Lego knows we're coming. If they haven't figured it out yet, they will do so very soon. Which is why I suggested to keep them completely out of lux, also if it hampers us, GoW and ND. We would lose 1 lux each, they loose 7 lux, that's a big gap in happiness. I'm not sure if the others see it this way, though.

DeepO

Comment

Hey guys!! I've been outta commission too, between work, life, and my main computer COMPLETELY melting down.

Looks like a yeoman job has been done. I'll try to catch up completely tonight (on Memorial Day, , how appropriate... I'll be watching "The Longest Day" tonight, so I should be approriately inspired). I'll pop in any comments / suggestions I have aling the way.

BTW, the real estate industry slows down quite a bit over the summer, so I should more available as the Storm approaches.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                      BTW, the real estate industry slows down quite a bit over the summer, so I should more available as the Storm approaches.
                      That would be very welcome, Theseus. We need a general here, to plan our invasion!

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        YES!

Comment

arty: for us

for Theseus' bank account?

Comment

BTW, I am now watching "The Longest Day"... my god, I keep seeing parallels, and having ideas. There was just a German officer complaining that: "Of COURSE, one would expect the Allies to attack at the thinnest point of the Channel... but I say they vill attack in Normandy, just when we least expect it!!"
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

If Big T can't sell enough property in the high season, no-one can.

Comment

Working...
                              X