No Rubber on Stormia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Rubber on Stormia

GoW has 4, ND 2, even bloody Vox have better resources than Stormia, as they have 1 too. Can't see Legos, but they'll be OK in there for sure.

Just as well we're allying with GoW.

I commented back in the lacking-SP days how resources go in horizontal bands.

Well, the northern rubber band is basically GoWs's territory, and that's where Vox's is too. The central band accounts for ND's pair, and I would expect Lego would find their rubber in the Dye Fields - Forkmouth - Kloreep 'triangle'.

This might be worth bearing in mind when considering the assault.

Also, GoW won't have any oil. If we don't have any around Sandstorm then then we either recruit ND or bust.

Comment

Final thought for now - it's expensive but some city espionage to open the map might be handy. We might even see their rubber.

Lego have Rep Parts, so GoW will be able to confirm that Lego has rubber.

Comment

euh, CH, how do you know we don't have rubber? has GoW told you, or has the new save arrived? I was thinking on one thing (but didn't had time to check it): we could be better off without RP for a while. Lego will undoubtedly go for the tech, and we don't need it soon. So, while not devaluating, we can build rifles instead of infs, and upgrade these.

I didn't analyse this thoroughly, it's more of an idea. I don't really have time to check it to the numbers in the Smith's thread...

Oh, and of course, we without rubber is not a good thing. Not good at all.

DeepO

Comment

Oh, city espionage: we will need that later on, right now there is not much point. I would like to have a smalal amount set aside to check their coastal cities before invading so we know that we either can take 1 or 2 cities from the start.

DeepO

Comment

Yes, we have the save. Rep Parts will speed our workers in the remaining RR and foresting, and Lego have it anyway.

Are we giving Sci Meth to GoW for Rep Parts?

Comment

if Lego has it, there is no point in not accepting it, certainly not if we don't have rubber.

and as to Sci Met: I was more or less under the assumption that we already promised that to them, and that RP was a trade for Corp. However, we should tell then that while SM is theirs, we prefer to keep it for as long as possible, to keep Lego from gaining any advantage.

DeepO

Comment

crap

I hpoe this doesn't change the GS/GoW dynamic.....

arty's or bust I fear.

Comment

Blah.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Another fine mess.

Comment

It's bleak, guys - especially long-term, but not unexpected. If we have oil, then as long as we're allied to Glory of Rubber we're OK.

If we'd had rubber but no coal - we'd have been dead meat. Better this way round, we live a bit longer at still get the chance to take a swing at Lego.

Comment

Jesu christo...

Good attitude, CH. This says to me: At home, dependent less on Rifles as defenders, and more on naval pickets. On Lego, depend on... Tanks. Lots o' Tanks.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

No SP. No rubber. Two civs start on land mass.

What were we thinking by going with a random map and not recruiting someone to balance it?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            No SP. No rubber. Two civs start on land mass.

What were we thinking by going with a random map and not recruiting someone to balance it?
                            This was the first Civ 3 MPDG so no one thought to do so.

Plus the game was started prematurely and without everything getting sorted out.

Comment

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we didn't have any oil either. But we'll find out in a few turns.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                              X