Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 187: 720 AD

Okay,

I'm out of the country the next 3 days, and will not be able to play the turn when it arrives in the mean time. Someone please take over for one turn! I'll return on Friday evening - night

This also means I will not be able to respond to any diplo chat from ND should it come later then 1 hour from now.

So, let me post most of the things I planned for, so there can be some continuity. I can't foresee everything, though.

RRing
    Let's repeat the text from last turn thread, which covers all workers for this turn:

RR plans: get Cyclone into 1-turn worker pump. Normally should have waited 1 more turn, but as it currently is at 5 food in the box, that would not be most efficient.
    Needs RR at 7, 2, 26, 4. Needs to have its workforce at those tiles, except 4 (which should be left open, so the new citizen can land there) which is replaced by 23, the tile already RRed.
    Main victim of this shuffling will be Sufa, which will need to give a land tile to Typhoon, to keep it from starving. Tornado also loses 1 shield, but that's no disaster.

In total, this uses 12 workers next turn, 4 of which won't have to move far. But another 8 have to come from Arashi. There are 27 workers ready to move, 8 for the tiles as outlayed above, 3 each for EotS 89, 9, 2, 21, 6, 99. That should leave the last worker to complete the RR on EotS7. EotS needs to shuffle to use most spt, but I don't think it will shuffle far.
    movement:
    galleys and galleons should follow their general direction. that is:
    - galley2 moves South, afterwards West
    - Southern Galley moves close to the coast
    - Western Galleon moves South, then East
    - Northern galley moves in a Eastern direction, uncovering fog
    - Eastern most galleon moves West.

workforce shuffles
    I can't foresee everything, I have to see the save for precise MMing. The obvious ones are:
    - Cyclone using the tiles as layed out above, to get into 1-turn worker pump mode. Make sure the correct tile is open!
    - Typhoon using one land tile from Sufa, or it starves.
    - EotS using max shields. normally, the RRing gives more food, so the box can grow for one or two turns instead of deminishing.
    - Hurricane can use 1 coast instead of the ironless mountain to finish the CH in time. This should give more commerce, but in case the extra commerce goes to corruption, some shuffling with EotS needs to be done to get the max out of it.

builds
    Only one thing needs to change: SA. I propose a market (if it doesn't have one already). Can be changed regardless in the next turn.
    Cyclone stays on a worker, of course.

Other
    Please check if Lego has Magnetism.

Keep us safe!
    DeepO

-

I can play it tomorrow if we have it then. Thanks for the notes

Comment

Let's keep this thing rolling.

-Arrian
      Last edited by Arrian; March 18, 2004, 13:36.
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Note : Typhoon should probably switch to Harbour now that Cyclone is using the wheat.

Comment

Galleys

Our southern galley sights Lego Caravel "Cartographer" 11 of itself at the start of its move.

- galley2 moves South, afterwards West
          OK

- Northern galley moves in a Eastern direction, uncovering fog
          OK

- Southern Galley moves close to the coast
          OK, sights Lego Caravel 'Intrepid' at Blizz-666666

- Western Galleon moves South, then East
          - Eastern most galleon moves West.

In fact the Galleon south of Sufa came back home and the other (far SE) sights Lego Caravel "Cartographer" 11 of itself at the start of its move then moves 6666

Comment

RR

As above. Cyclone configured as per spec.

Comment

WF

Set EotS to max shields - using EotS-23 from Tornado. 24spt + 1 waste.

Couldn't offer any extra commerce to Hurricane as EotS needed all 'shared' tiles for shields.

Presumably SS gets extra shields from the mountain after growth to get the worker next turn.

Comment

Other

Lego have Magnetism, ND don't, I sent it unnacepted in case they want to make an offer.

311g, Electricity in 5 turns @ 80% 599bpt -52gpt

Comment

Turn sent.

Comment

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm with MZ & Zayxus in #GoW_CoFA. Zayxus has sent a response to Deepo, he said he'll copy me in.

Comment

OK, I got a copy of what Zayxus had sent DeepO, I'll post it on the ND diplo thread.

Comment

Thanks for handling the save, CH. I'm just back from Holland, and have received the PM. I'll take the discussion to the ND thread. I'm not exactly pleased.

DeepO

Comment

Some things for keeping stats:

- Lego has entered the industrial age
                            - we're making 608 bpt, -50 gpt
                            - we have 32 workers, and are currently making 1.5 per turn more.

look here for some more, including GNP estimates of Lego, ND and GoW: http://apolyton.com/forums/showthrea...hreadid=111074

DeepO

Comment

DeepO,

Cort Haus' turn notes indicate the following:

311g, Electricity in 5 turns @ 80% 599bpt -52gpt
                              That's 9bpt and 2gpt off from your numbers.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                              X