Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 180 : 650 AD

News

ND have already got Physics. That is such a pile of Crapola I cannot believe it. They must still be trading with Lego, unless GoW are being naughty.

Lego complete Smiths.

GoW send the 200 they owe.

{pianoforte} Our historians agree, we have entered a distinctly new age in our development!{/pianoforte}

Discover ToG.

Elipopolis completes Worker
    Wind of Change completes Courthouse

We have to consider how this leaves us diplomatically with ND. I wonder what they thought of my "OK, 600g for Physics" message?

Comment

Strange... we need a chat with ND. If ND and Lego work together on techs, we can kiss ToE goodbye. We have a promise that they'll swap Nationalism for Steam, but how much of that was set in stone?

DeepO

Comment

I have to wonder if they are just stringing us along and actually have a perfectly good grasp of English. We seem to not be able to get much done in dealing with them.

Comment

I'm almost certain they understand English well enough. It is possible they don't speak it fluently, but understanding basic English is not that difficult if you either speak German or Dutch. Their isolation is a way of playing the game, is a way of not getting caught in too many chats and PMs. Also, I don't have the idea that the ND team is large, they might have only a few people doing everything. If those people are not really chatty (they aren't really part of the Apolyton communiy, after all), you get the current situation.

However, what I'm really getting worried about is if they play together with Lego. We see ND and Lego as the two main competitors for the moment, but perhaps they still see us as bigger then them? We're still strong compared to them. And our recent closeness to GoW might scare them, if they want to balance against us, their best choice would be Lego. But... they would also give the game to them, as we need ND in any move against Lego.

We should make that clear to them, either in direct contact if we ever can get this accomplished, or by using GoW to ask what ND is doing, and that we fear them to be in bed with Lego. GoW might have better communication channels with them

DeepO

Comment

GoW have a chat with ND soon. They mentioned it in the chat which I'll get posted in a bit (watching Nascar!). I'll fwd our concerns - they might be able to use their diplomatic influence with ND to help get them 'on-message'.

Comment

goddamn it

I come back to my hotel from an extremely mentally taxing day and this is the first thing i see

we need to prepare to join gow against nd/lego

methinks thats why nd backed out of the lego trip.

bastards

though it would be funny to see gow go down, i would much rather lego go first.

Comment

oh, and goddamn am i pissed at vox. **** them man. are they trying to be cute? Its pathetically obvious what's going on, we were just probing to confirm it. why the lies? do we play games like this with other teams?

Comment

GoW chat in log

Comment

Sent confirmation of the deal for ToG to GoW, with a note about ND and Physics. (see Log)

Vulture, as ambassador to ND do you have any thoughts on the situation?

Comment

It does may one pause, but surely ND is wedded to GoW for the near future? They must know that any teaming with Lego means they lose. They may have a misconception of our strength, but they must know it is way below Lego.

Comment

The Turn

Start

GoW send the 200 they owe.
                        Discover ToG. Start Steam at 80%, -60gpt, 547g
                        Elipopolis completes Worker - starts Aqua
                        Wind of Change completes Courthouse - starts Aqua

Moves

Shortrush granary in Sufa to take a turn off the library (20g)

Shuffle units to replace disbands, sending Knights out of Eliopolis.

Move 3 WCs and 1 Warrior toward OG, Disbanded 1 WC in OG (switching back from Hang Gard to mkt)
                        Disbanded 2 WCs and 1 Warrior in WoC
                        Switched WW to Hanging Gdns - back to library next turn

4 workers near Diss to Arashi
                        Worker at Eliopolis moves South

Western Galley moves south
                        Northern Galley moves east
                        North-Western Galley moves south
                        2 Eastern Galleys upgrade to Galleons in Hurricane (120g)

Current Builds

Eli : Aqua in 25
                        Inchon : CH in 9 - lost WLTK, reinstated taxman
                        WoC : Aqua in 15
                        Inchoff : Harb in 9
                        Diss : Courthouse in 2 (showing Oracle)
                        Santa Ana : Lib in 7
                        Blizzard : Harb in 3
                        Monsoon : Mkt in 1
                        Arashi : ToE in 18 via Palace
                        WW : Lib in 2 (showing Hanging Gdns)
                        Tempest : Newton in 3
                        Hurricane : Copernicus in 2
                        OG : Mkt in 22
                        EotS : Hoover Dam (via Colosseum)
                        BB : Bank in 2
                        Tornado : CH in 2
                        Typhoon : Lib in 6
                        Sufa : Lib in 3

Diplo

Sent ToG accepted to GoW, for them to take if they want the Coal deal.
                        Sent a limp lettuce leaf to ND, to symbolise the wisdom of their alliance with Lego

Other

Ended on 407g, -58gpt, Steam in 6 turns. Running 80% (500bpt)

[b]Next Turn[b]

Switch WW from Hanging Gdns back to library
                        Switch Hurricane to Cope's

Comment

Turn sent, with sulky messsage attached (copy in Log) :

:-(

We see that you have bought Physics from Legoland while we were negotiating the finer details of the price. It is a pity (and extremely surprising) that you are still working with Lego, as this will help them get the Industrial Wonders and nearly double their power. After the chat with GoW, we thought that GS-GoW-ND had agreed to work out tech deals with each other, to slow Lego down and to try and stop them winning. We didn't immediately agree on a price for Physics, but we expected negotiations.

We were hoping to do a deal with you for ToG and Magnetism, and are still hoping to do so.

:-(

Comment

CH, good chat log. One only remark: you might have said to them that we will give them ToG now, but that they're not supposed to build Newton's... it's obvious, perhaps, and I doubt they can, but still...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                            X