No announcement yet.

Turn 176: 610 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to send the save (made the d-line by 6 minutes) - I'll get a screenie of Lego's W.Coast out later.

I did the exploratory moves with the northern galleys as above.

plus :

6 workers start fortress at Blizz-3

4 other northern workers meet at Diss-6, maybe fortress on mnt next turn
    4 southern workers wait at EotS-2
    worker near Blizz comes south

We can build another worker in Eliopolis after the lib.
    Most northern tiles are irrigated to allow the mnts to be used, but there may be some tile MM wanted later
    However, the tech deals have brought rails closer and we'll have a lot less workers than planned, all of which are wanted in the south in 10 turns

Comment

Cort, pretty soon we might want to start assembling workers around Arashi/Tempest, ok? I'd like to see every worker we have in that area at the start of T186 (Steam Power?). EDIT: you already mentioned this, sorry.

As for the military adventure, it's not just that I think Lego will have the coast blocked. They might not have the entire coast blocked. And believe me, I do see value in hitting them. I just think it's ND and GoW that need to do it.

You posted our limitations yourself: we have 2 galleys in the east, 5 turns from a harbor. In the short term, we cannot assist. In the medium term, if we strain, we might be able to drop off ~5 galleon loads of troops (20 units, say 8 musket, 12 cav).

I'm not 100% against it. I'm just REALLY skeptical. I think we need a firm timeframe from GoW/ND. We need to know when they want us there, and then we need to evaluate whether or not we could actually manage it.

Lego needs what 3 techs to get to the IA, right? One of which, Physics, they are probably researching and could have very soon. Once they hit the IA, they gift tech to Vox, and may well get nationalism or steam, both of which are bad for the invasion idea (actually, nationalism might be the real bad one at first). We're talking about ~10 turns here. If GoW/ND want to hit Lego, they need to get a move on. And we cannot possibly react that fast.

They need to start the invasion ASAP. We can always lag behind and land later. If GoW & ND land in the northeast around Lego's major wonder cities, we might just be able to land in the southwest and take a shot at Lego's likely FP location. That does carry a certain appeal. But this business about them needing us, and expecting us to field forces equivalent to their own (MZ said 30/30/30 for Cav, right?) is silly.

-Arrian
      Last edited by Arrian; February 13, 2004, 10:43.
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Lego pics on the GAUL thread. We'll try and keep Lego discussion on there, and tech discussion on the Current Diplomacy thread.

Comment

edit: reposted to the GAUL thread.

Comment

edit - reposted on the GAUL thread. Doh!

Comment

edit - current diplo deals thread,
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

They may be willing to have us send what we can, but I wold think they wil insist we participate with troops. Sending a feint in with 20 units may be good enough.

It is so much to our benefit to have the war go down and the tech trades happen that it is worth the cost.

We must get some land on Lego to be in the running. I would think the Bobs are planning to eliminate Lego if they can. They do not want to see them around for any votes.

Comment

Working...
                  X