EotS builds Bank, start Cathedral
    Diss builds Library, start Courthouse
    Extra 300g from GoW sees 458g in kitty.

Moves and MM

Give EotS-9 to Hurricane
    2 galleys start moving south to explore SE after Magnets
    Irrigate Inchoff-11
    Workers add to fortification at Inchoff1-1
    Give Tornado-41 to Typhoon for food, then add 3 workers to Typhoon for size 11
    Adjust Sandstorm for growth & worker next turn

Comment

Current Builds

from North to South :

Eli : Lib in 4
      Inchon : Harb in 16
      WoC : CH in 6
      Inchoff : Aqua in 2
      Diss : Courthouse in 8
      Santa Ana : Aqua in 1
      Blizzard : Lib in 1
      Monsoon : Mkt in 8
      Arashi : Bank in 5
      WW : Aqua in 14
      Tempest : Newton in 9
      Hurricane : Copernicus in 8
      OG : Lib in 4
      EotS : Cathedral in 5
      BB : Magellan in 32 / Bank in 8
      Tornado : CH in 8 (lost a turn giving Typhoon Wheat)
      Typhoon : Lib in 13 (lost a turn losing WLTK)
      Sufa : Lib in 10
      Cyclone & Sandstorm : Worker-pumps

Comment

City Sizes

Eli : 6
        Inchon : 5
        WoC : 6
        Inchoff : 6
        Diss : 11
        Santa Ana : 6
        Blizzard : 11
        Monsoon : 11
        Arashi : 10
        WW : 6
        Tempest : 11
        Hurricane :12
        OG : 11
        EotS : 12
        BB : 12
        Tornado : 11
        Typhoon : 11
        Sufa : 11
        Cyclone & Sandstorm : 4-5

Comment

Diplomacy

Give WM to RP.

Comment

Science

Economics still hasn't devalued, but Metallurgy has by 10% (1 civ has it). The previous turns saves would need to be checked to see when this happened .

We can run 70% science losing only 1gpt, but we can now slash a turn off Magnetism by running 80% at -51gpt.

Magnetism in Two turns.

When I made a beaker-counting spreadsheet about 7-8 turns ago, we turned 250 beakers at 50% science. We now turn 300 beakers at 50% science. That's a 20% increase, and the two science wonders are on the home straight. We've done 4-turn research nearly since Invention to get here, and even though we don't expect to win, we can sure as hell go out in a blaze of scientific glory.
            Last edited by Cort Haus; February 8, 2004, 07:56.

Comment

Turn sent.

Comment

Industrial Tech Trades with GoW

A thread to present the idea of a Steam-for-Industrialisation deal with GoW was opened here .

Comment

good work

is it possible that Lego is building Magellans to trigger their GA rather than Smiths? Once we get RP and Sanitation, we might consider picking up Econ, if no one has built it yet...

Comment

I guess they aren't using Sistine as a prebuild for magellan's because legopolis is landlocked...

Comment

Lego have some rockin' coastal cities if they want to build Magellans via a Palace out there. It'd be good if they completed it within 8 turns so BB can switch to a bank. If we lose Magellans later than that, we have to decide whether we can make it another wonder.

Hospitals will increase defense, but not pop. We are already at near max pop, I think. The Radio defense improvements might be interesting to compare. I think the Spartan Acad thread has some figures on this.

If we have oil, Flight can help us defend our island.

Comment

I guess my timezone is a killer for the game. I get up and see the save and come to the forum to find the turn is already played.

You really got this thing in gear CH.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                          Lego have some rockin' coastal cities if they want to build Magellans via a Palace out there. It'd be good if they completed it within 8 turns so BB can switch to a bank. If we lose Magellans later than that, we have to decide whether we can make it another wonder.

Hospitals will increase defense, but not pop. We are already at near max pop, I think. The Radio defense improvements might be interesting to compare. I think the Spartan Acad thread has some figures on this.

If we have oil, Flight can help us defend our island.
                          good point about the pop, hadn't thought of that being maxed....

radio defense (civil defense?) I wonder if that works against sea borne invasions. If so, repl. parts then radio sounds quite beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                            I guess my timezone is a killer for the game. I get up and see the save and come to the forum to find the turn is already played.

You really got this thing in gear CH.
                            As long as we have a clear plan, and there are no critical decisions on the turn are needed, builder phases can move quick in DG's, if the timezone & availability of the turn-players permits. Planning and policymaking can happen anytime, but if all teams can play their turn in a few hours, it's good for the fast-paced phases of the game.

The game-day currently starts in Central Europe (Lego) then play moves west to the UK (GS), a short hop back east to Germany, before crossing the atlantic for EST (GoW) then to the west coast for RP and Vox, and onward again to Europe.

When war breaks out, things'll get thrown out of synch again, and if we're at war, we'll certainly take all our 24 hours to make the best move we can. Diplo can throw things out too - as teams need to wait on collective decisions.

Comment

I'd like to chime in complementing Cort Haus... you've done a fabulous job re-directing Gathering Storm's strategy and game, as well as in keeping things moving forward at good speed.

And the team attitude, also fostered by CH, is simply great: let's play the best we can, have fun with it, and see what happens.

Having been away a bit (and frankly, I needed a bit of a break anyway, as I was getting a bit burned out following the route on Bob), and, in catching up on all the threads including the massive AAR report thread in the public forum, I'm thinking with perhaps a new perspective.

With CH having done such a great job leveraging our early economic wizards' work, and in that we are rocking the house in economy and science... can we pull of a SS victory? Correct me if I;m wrong, but assuming we can protect Stormia, doesn't an opposing team need both Legoland and Bob to achieve a domination victory? Shouldn't we be able to prevent that from happening?

More thoughts later on our defense from Marines.

Again, thanks CH, tremendous job.
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                              X