Current Diplo : RP GA and GoW/ND Tech deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Diplo : RP GA and GoW/ND Tech deals

Please check the GoW and RP logs for recent exchanges.

MZ's message is interesting - more weaseling perhaps - but intel nonetheless. ND are apparantly in the market for Physics...

Of course, RP can wait 20 turns for Chemistry easier than ND can wait 20 turns for Physics, but maybe we should approach ND direct.

Exchange with Aggie here

Comment

PM to UnO/ MZ re-affirming our postion here .

Comment

Sorry, I posted this in the Log thread:

Same ****, different deal, with GoW.

Hold firm, Cort!

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

but maybe we should approach ND direct.
          Um, YES! Isn't that the primary purpose of a no-trade clause? So we can sell the tech to ND ourselves?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Message sent to ND, copy in log.

Hi Darekill,

We will soon have Physics to trade - are you interested? If so, let us know what you could offer us for it.

Regards,

Cort Haus

(PS - Whatever they say, GoW cannot trade this tech to you )
            Last time we approached them about tech deals we got a rather cryptic response.

Non-trade clauses are as much about stopping other civs gaining hard-earned tech as profiting on the commodity. After all, we're not trying to sell it to Lego.

BTW, if anyone wants to take on ambassadorial responsibilities for any another civ, please step forward. We have an ambassador to Vox (Sleepy) but not to anyone else.

Comment

:guilt:

Heh, I could volunteer to be ambassador to Lego

Actually, if it would be more helpful, I can take over for ND from now on, if you would like.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Actually, if it would be more helpful, I can take over for ND from now on, if you would like.

-Arrian
                Yes please

Comment

Ok, though with the time I've been putting into CoD, you may need to PM me (or just post in the CoD threads, since it's just you, me, mountain sage and frustrated poet anyway) to remind me to do something that needs doing.

Did that make any sense?

-Arrian

Comment

Yes, that makes sense

Comment

Arrian, what is the CoD?

Comment

CoD = Cake or Death - a team in PTWDGII

Comment

Vulture, fancy being ambassador to RP? Or GoW, if you prefer

Comment

I don't mind taking up ambassadorial duties, but I'm not always able to be around that regularly, and can't do chats. But as far as keeping in touch with exchanges of PMs, I can do that. Although having said that, GoW and RP are the two most painful teams to deal with in my experience...

Comment

Ok, I remember heaing that now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X