No announcement yet.

Turn 163 : 480AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no... even with a temple, the risk remains the same. It needs defenders.

A temple would pressure Port Isolation more, and that's of course not a bad thing. Their chances are higher as it is farther away from the capital. If they would have no defenders (which I doubt), the chance of flipping to RP would be something like 1 in 250 per turn...

DeepO

Comment

Oh my, would that ever suck (flippage).

RP should have a major flip chance advantage over there, though, because their capital is very close, whereas Imperial City is rather far.

Good job with the turn, Cort. The screenshots always amuse me - we have such an odd mix of units (warriors, spears, pikes, knights, war chariots, catapults... all next to each other on the sea wall).

The powergraph is depressing, though.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Great job with the turn.

Love those quick turn around times. b I just wish the rest of the world would do the same. it will be june before we get steam, at this rate.

re: flipping

Our treaty with vox guarantees the immediate return of flipping city, so hopefully the damage would be minimized.

Comment

Not a city flipping to VOX, a city flipping to GoW (pressure from Port Isolation). THAT would suck.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Not a city flipping to VOX, a city flipping to GoW (pressure from Port Isolation). THAT would suck.

-Arrian

Earth to Asleepathewheel

Yes that would suck.

Comment

Guys, no need to worry about flipping, as long as RP puts 2 defenders in Santa Barbara there is no risk whatsoever. It may have been 2 years since I worked on that formula, I still remember it

DeepO

Comment

Can anyone recall what patch version the game was started with?

I am getting some strange results for tech costs now, and I seem to remember some tech costs being changed.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

re: Santa Barbara

2 defenders is 60 shields - that's nearly two-thirds a marketplace and an extra 2gpt to avert a 1/2000 risk per-turn.

I cannot understand how a city with a temple and only 3 squares from it's capital could be flipped by a neighbouring city with no culture so far and a long way from its capital.

Comment

I sent a PM to Togas here about Santa Barbara, Seawall, & Magellans.

Comment

Working...
                    X