X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to Togas sent, copy in log.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus

Separate note: Just to enhance our cooperation... I am confused by why you are on and off 'poly, as evidenced by the light bulb next to your name. I keep thinking you might have signed off for the night to sleep. :hmm:

We might want to set up chats for future turn play.
      I don't know what the deal is with the lightbulbs. What counts as being logged in - having one 'poly window open and the modem on? I sometimes put the modem on standby while reading or writing.

The turn chat sounded a good idea.

I'll be off for the night soon ... unless I can think of a better way to explain the SP conundrum.

Comment

Well done. More tomorrow.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          I don't know what the deal is with the lightbulbs. What counts as being logged in - having one 'poly window open and the modem on? I sometimes put the modem on standby while reading or writing.
          You're logged on when ... well, you're logged on, meaning you told the site your username and password through the login feature, which is visible only, if you are not logged in. If you have cookies enabled (which I assume you have) and browse Apolyton, you're always logged on, if you have at least one window open. If the modem cuts the connection on standby (which I don't know), you're obviously logged off during this time and get automatically logged on again as soon as you click a new link.

I'll be off for the night soon ... unless I can think of a better way to explain the SP conundrum.
          Reading through this thread, I was always wondering, what the hell SP is.

By the way: Good job with the turn and your analysis, Cort Haus.

Comment

SP = Saltpeter.

Aggie has hinted that what we've been told about it (we haven't got any) might not be reliable. They are desperate to keep Alamo and to gain Pamplona - leading us to suspect that between these two cities is GoW's nearest SP source.

It's possible that we do have some on Stormia, but until we know, it makes the land-haggling with GoW tricky.

Comment

Some latest thoughts are in the Dealing with GoW thread .

I'm out this evening, but if any progress is possible on the land talks with GoW that would be brilliant.

btw - I don't think my lightbulb ever comes on. It's off as I write and my modem's online with three 'poly windows open. Strange.

Comment

I got a voicemail from Theseus saying his internet connection had died and asking me to tell Cort to go ahead and send a proposal to GoW based on the latest chat... it was tough to hear him - very scratchy connection.

I was in Chicago visiting friends, so I didn't get it for a while, and I pretty much got home and passed out yesterday. Sorry. Hopefully Theseus can get online from work and explain what he was trying to get me to tell you. Bah.

-Arrian

p.s. Excellent job with all of this backroom diplomacy. We needed it. Badly.
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hmm, my guess is that this could be the land arrangement with GoW. I wasn't sure we had a proposal, other than sticking to our guns. I thought that more chat may have been needed, to argue our case, but generally am not sure how to proceed on the land issue - except to ask GoW what they think of a disbanded Pamplona.

Mabe a written argument for our land-aspiration would do for GoW, but we don't really know how much land we need for ourselvces and Roleplay in Spain.

Comment

I left the message for Arrian on Sunday afternoon, after we had the chat with Lego... it was to send the agreed upon text to GoW, which I was able to do later that day.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Cool - I wondered if it was that one.

I'm getting some ideas together for the land deal - on the Turn 360AD thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X