Turn 340 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 340 AD

We have the turn. How about nudging GoW for a response?

If I was ND I'd definitely be considering a thrust into our underbelly around Barca. We have a some Pikes there - but should we back them up with the newly-arrived Knights? Unless GoW and ND are planning a Blaze of Glory one-two into Pamplona it looks kind of 'stable' - though one Knight has a peck out of it, and we've only got 40 Knights total. I thought we had 41 last turn.

OK, I am home, and will be playing the turn this evening... UNLESS we feel the need to delay a bit. Given the slow play this week, I am sure we could get away with not sending on the turn until, say, midday tomorrow EST, in the event that we need time to deal with GoW, Lego, and RP.

CH, I'll respond to your opening PM for this turn in the strategy section.

Before getting into the turn, I would like to flesh out our thoughts in the standard outline we've recently been using:

OVERALL STRATEGY
    THE NORTH
    THE SOUTH
    OTHER AREAS
    ALLIES
    DIPLOMACY
    ECONOMY AND SCIENCE

As I flesh out the above, I will reaching out to each of the teams with whom we need diplo interaction (it looks like CH is done for the night, so I will touch RP as well).

Um, one more thing: I *know* people are around, and do in fact check into this forum. A little input, please? And some help in diplo-land wouldn't hurt.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

A friend showed up from out of town... I'll be doing the turn tomorrow (in pain, to be sure).

G'night all.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Pain, pain, forever, ever.

Seeya Saturday, Theseus. Me, I'm already half in the bag.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Good morning EST! (I trust you have your sun-glasses on, and that it is still morning.) Hopefully some Stormians will be available today, at this hinge of history.

Some thoughts on Diplomacy :

GoW - the ball's in their court, but ideally we'd be in touch with them before playing our turn. I'm concerned that they've not come back with something by now.

Priority Issues : 1. GoW have offered RP minimal holdings in Spain for peace - so what's with the 'contract'? 2. In the chat, either Aggie/UnO seemed to really want to end the war. Even if we we can't get them to sign up for the Big Deal we should be able to strike a peace - provided, again, that team members emotions don't vote for historical hatred.

Do Stormies want an alternative peace with GoW to an alliance? Some are saying **** them, but I think this war's going nowhere for us.

RP - Their leadership probably has a more realistic mind-set than the team. If a GoW looks likely, we must insist that their team gets into line if they wish to remain in the game, with a chance of sharing victory.

So far we've not informed them of our efforts with GoW. THey're keen to hear about any ideas we have, and at some point we hope to have to tell them.

Lego:

Hmmph. What hope is there with a team that decides that 'balance' is attained by intervening on behalf of the stronger alliance, that signs deals to agree to put its troops in the LoF if needed, then whines to us about how they don't want a war with us and how dare we threaten the GoW homeland and drag them in... "but we're builders" .... so don't intervene militarily then!

Vox - Er, I PM'd these guys recently encouraging them to take an ND island that's now actually owned by GoW. I'm not sure how to follow that one up with any sort of credibiity so if we are to contact them, it shouldn't be me as I was exposed talking nonsense last time. They didn't respond - maybe they're about to take the GoW island ...

The Yellow Stain - Maybe plan 'D'?

Comment

GoW Diplomacy

I've PM'd Aggie to say hello, any news?

Comment

Vox Diplomacy

Sent a PM to Beta angling for an opinion from them about ND.

Comment

Another quote - from Sharpe of Lego this time casting doubt on this 'contract' :

Theseus> You betcha. And yes, we know that will require teh absence of RP from Bob.
                Sharpe> yeah, they have said that they want that
                Theseus> I think it is part of their contract with ND.
                Sharpe> we aren't so sure about that "contract" part ....

Comment

The North

The North: We unload the next batch of units and say to GoW - these are not for you, they're for ND once we've got ourselves sorted.

The South : Continue to deter attack on Pamp (stay put) - but possibly reinforce southern area.

Comment

Economy, Science, Logistics - I'm not familiar enough with broad objectives here to make much comment at this point - though I suspect I would end up making comment if no-one else does.

Comment

CH, I have to run out for a bit, but then I'll be back to comment fully and play the turn...

Re the north, I am not sure we want to unload. I suspect GoW thinks we have Knights en route as opposed to slowmovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        Re the north, I am not sure we want to unload. I suspect GoW thinks we have Knights en route as opposed to slowmovers.
                        Right.

Comment

My cable modem connection has died - an area fault with the supplier - and to cut a very long and depressing story short I ended up at a Cyber-Cafe down the road so I could post this message.

So, just to say that I might not be around tonight/today. Hopefully I can cobble together a dial-up connection later.

Comment

That sucks.

Don't worry about it... if I am unable to chat with GoW, I am thinking of playing this turn very conservatively.

Comment

I'm back. I got a slugband dialup account sorted.

Comment

Working...
                              X