Is the east coast safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the east coast safe?

Lego's power is up. They are cold diplomatically. Our east coast is unguarded. Is there a problem here?

Anyone else feel that we should have 2-3 galleys on eastern lookout?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    33.33%
    Maybe not
    66.67%

Yeah, we probably should. But where are we going to pull those galleys from?

Most of our navy is off the NE coast of Bob. We need to get most of them back to the south, and then maybe peel off 1-2 of them for East Coast lookout duty.

To answer your question: "Not really, no."

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No, it is not safe by any means. I have not had a chance to go back into the save to look at Lego's rise in military power nor it's cultural power history... scares the cr*p outta me.

I think I neglected to report that when I gave the two N. Stormia cities to RP, it teleported a reg MedInf back to EotS, which I moved to the east coast... that's pretty much our defense there, other than the Pike on the iron.

We are waaaaay vulnerable.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Given that we may find ourselves at war with Lego (****ing hell), this becomes even more important.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I think it'll still be a while yet before Lego get navigation.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

That was my idea as well, OPD. But then again, 2-3 galleys won't hurt (and I asked for these a couple of turns back)

DeepO

Comment

I agree. 2-3 galleys with a warrior fortified (if thats allowed, I can't remember) would provide a turns warning.

Comment

Blizzard will complete its galley in two turns, and Tornado (just built temple) can add one in 3.

Wind of change is also building one (9 turns).

What's the thing with the warrior?

Comment

sleepy, no need for a warrior if they remain stationary... so there is no possible exploit

Cort Haus: by fortifying your galley, they get 3 tiles of sight, instead of 2 like normal. Which means that with careful positioning, we should always spot any 4-move ships 1 turns before they can land troops, no matter if they have navigation or not. Which in turn means that if the coast is roaded, we could very well have Stormia blocked with some 12 moving WCs for as long as there are no marines...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                  X