Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 320 AD

First, some notes from the Turn 310 AD thread:

Cyclone: Change to Worker, then MM as Settler Farm.
    D-ville: If Granary has been built, then MM as Settler Farm.
    Tornado: Change to Temple.
    Elipolis: Change back to FP.

Also:

For future reference, trying to cross the valley at FLib8 was a dumb mistake, allowing the Riders to retreat to an unreachable position... the crossing should have been made at FLib9 then 8.

I am going to go ahead with the build phase, and then write up my thoughts re:
    THE NORTH
    THE SOUTH
    ALLIES
    DIPLOMACY
    ECONOMY AND SCIENCE

Feel free to jump in with commentary.

I am around for about an hour, then I'll be out for a few, then back to finish this evening.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

PRODUCTION PHASE

Diplo with Spain; accept offer, and The Voice and HH are now Spanish.

Cyclone changed to Settler.
    D-ville changed to Settler.
    Tornado changed to Temple, ready in one turn.
    Elipolis changed to Palace.

Miller Town builds Worker; set to Worker.

Sirocco build Cat; set to Cat.

Typhoon builds Horse; set to Worker.

OG buids Galley; set to Galley.
    Last edited by Theseus; November 1, 2003, 23:32.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

THE NORTH

Our northern Galleys are all fine. Reminder: that's 12 Knights and 4 Pikes.

Q: GoW or ND?

Also, with only 106 gold, I'd like to upgrade a Warrior (60g) and a Spear (20g) in Beta... this will give us a slowmover attack force of 7 MedInf and 3 Pike for Bob reinforcement

On a further note to the above, that means only 5 Galleys will be needed for the immediate reinforcement... where the other 3?

THE SOUTH

The Pike at Alamo 63 healed to 4/4. We have 12 Knights there as well, true fortified.

We have 4 Knights at Pamp6 and 4 Knights and the Cat in Sirocco. I'd like to consolidate all 8 of these Knights at Pamp6 this turn, and then get them to Alamo8 next turn... which also means that I don;t really want to attack Alamo for TWO MORE TURNS. The good news is that GoW does not have a good protected place from which to Cat pelt us.

Our slowmovers at FLib1 were indeed wiped out... as I described in the first post, that attempt to cross the desert valley was foolhardy.

We have 2 Pikes and 1 MedInf on each of FLib, FLib3, and Flib6. We have 2 Pikes, 2 MedInf, and 2 Cats at FLib63.

We will have 3 Galleys ready for loading of 6 Knights at OG77 (I'd like to keep'em together.

We have 3 Galleys (4/4, 4/4, 3/3) ready to deal with ND's 3 (4/5, 3/3, 3/3).

Where are the Ansars?

ALLIES

RP needs to get those friggin' Workers out of the way at Barc7, and get that Pike somewhere useful.

Do we know their remaining forces, esp. in Pamp? Can someone ask them please?

DIPLOMACY

Sorry, I've been really busy... can I get some help trying to cut a deal with GoW?

ECONOMY AND SCIENCE

So, I guess I wasted 1 turn of research on Astro. I can switch to Invention in 7 turns at the same research rate.
      Last edited by Theseus; November 1, 2003, 18:37.

Comment

My comments:

What is FLib?

THE NORTH: My vote goes to GoW. Reasoning: They would be alone, as their allies probably won't distract forces in the "wrong" direction, and Lego will be reluctant to join at this time. Second: With a good threat pending there's a better chance of negotiating and getting them to backstab. It's the mountain Y-332, if you ask me. Hope it's free.

THE SOUTH: Not enough galleys to attack. I thought we should concentrate at least five. I would not ship all knights over, think about homeland defense. My guess about the Ansars: Merida and Fort Loewenmut.

DIPLOMACY: I'm not exactly a good diplomat. Where are our profi chatter?

Comment

Thanks for the input, SR.

I agree re attacking GoW... this will also helpfully relieve some pressure to the south.

Fort Liberation is what I have named the tile at Barc4441... the one which was originally the destination of the 'Settler Named Worker'.

Re the southern Galleys, I am going to try to pull back to a position where our Cats might come into play, changing the equation.

I'm gonna go ahead and play the turn... but I DEFINITELY need some help.

Subject for another thread, I guess.

Comment

HAVING COMPLETED PRODUCTION:

Along the way, I either fortified or skipped outstanding units waiting for order... here's the rest:

THE NORTH

First off, I slid around Spears to get an extra 1 into Beta... this is to have a 10 unit force ready as reinforcements for Bob, leaving Wittlich empty, wittch is fine ( ). I upgrade 2 Spear and a Warrior at a cost of 100g.

I move 1 of the Pike Galleys north... the mountain at YK332 is clear! I unload the whole Northern Expeditionary Force there.

The Galleys all have 2 movement left... an Elite heads north... 2 vets head south, with slightly different scouting patterns... 5 reg Galleys are tasked for the reinforcements.

THE SOUTH

Galleys first: I don't want to see an ND landing on the hills at Barc14... so I'm consolidating our 3 Galleys at Barc11... this is not optimal, as I'd rather pull out of their reach... but if ND actually IS trying a landing, this will be a deterrent.

I move the 4 Knights from Sirocco to join the 4 Knights at Pamp6, and fortify. They cannot be seen by ND or GoW, I think... next move they go to Pamp41.

BTW, evidently our 2 Knights that used to be at Essigbar9 are long gone.

I move the Pike in Toledo to the mountain pass at Toledo12.

I move the Cat in Sirocco to NM4.

I move 1 of 2 Pikes at Barc4 to Barc 411.

I load 6 Knights at OG77.

MOTHER****ER I HIT THE WRONG KEY AND HAVE TO RE-PLAY!!!

Comment

Bueller? Bueller?

Bueller?

Comment

Change to Invention.

Wake the elite Knight at Alamo63; 'skip' it to put it below the fortified Pike in the defense order. Wake all, fortify all.

Offer NM and Toledo to Spain, accepted.

I am not MMing at all... not my strength.

I need some help, people... and the Ansars are out there.

Comment

Done.

I'll get the----------- turn out tonight, but I have to deal with the new kitty, so the screenshot zip may wait for tomo*******rrow.

I have a kitty tromping around on my desk... Amy wants everyone to know that Kali (that's her name) has priority, but they both hates Riders and Ansars.

Comment

Zip file of screenies
                    Last edited by Theseus; November 2, 2003, 15:40.

Comment

The link doesn't work.

Comment

Try now... FYI, the upload link feature is seemingly case sensisitive.

Comment

Bravo, Theseus. It was too late GMT even for my rock'n roll bedtimes for me to chime in when the turn was played, though I did pop in regularly to see if any discussion was going during the day. It's tough recieving the turn at the weekend, when people tend not to be around.

Thanks for the patience to Kitty and Amy I'm sure they are in the team's thoughts

Comment

What do we want to be saying to GoW? I'll help offer up a draft if I know what we're aimimg at.

How about the carrot of asking them about a "What if?" RP relocate to Stormia?

Comment

BTW, evidently our 2 Knights that used to be at Essigbar9 are long gone.
                              They were toast as of last turn.

Sorry, but I'm not often online on the weekends. I totally missed this turn (despite a rare friday night logon).

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X