RP 300AD (the real 300ad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP 300AD (the real 300ad)

Pamp has been attacked but only one pikeman is missing. There also seems to be alot of congregation around the city.

No units other than the ones in the pic will be able to defend Pamp next turn.

RP are asking about research, they would like to know if them researching banking at 40 turns would be a good idea, or perhaps printing press???????

They could also do Astro in 16 turns with a 23 gpt deficit

Are we having fun yet?

Edited for stupidity...

Sorry about that OPD, there is no problem.

The numbering system is easy... pretend that the given starting point is the 5 on a numerical keypad.
    Last edited by Theseus; October 27, 2003, 17:15.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

where were the knights?

I'm afraid I don't understand the whole number system of location?

Were they meant to be on the gold hill by the Alamo? Or were they to move there next turn?
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Sorry OPD... forget it, all is well.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

GoW clearly pinged our pikeman on the mountain. Considering they knocked 2hp off him, I'm at a loss as to why they didn't go ahead and kill him. Anyway, assuming ND & GoW haven't managed to wipe them out, our 10 knights will be able to hop on to that mountain tile this turn.

Unfortunately, Pamp is in serious trouble. It's probably going to fall next turn. Suggest we move available GS pikemen to Pamp 6 & Pamp 69.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Bigfree wants to Gift Toldeo and New Madrid to GS this turn to get an extra 3 pikes into Pamp????
            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              GoW clearly pinged our pikeman on the mountain. Considering they knocked 2hp off him, I'm at a loss as to why they didn't go ahead and kill him.

-Arrian
              strange, but I'll take it.

do forces heal in territorys of people you are not at war with? I'm not sure, I don't find myself in that position often.

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                Bigfree wants to Gift Toldeo and New Madrid to GS this turn to get an extra 3 pikes into Pamp????
                ....ok....I wonder why there are pikes there anyway, we have those regions secure, at least more than 3 pikes worth.

expect for more howling from the congregation again, I guess.

Comment

We're going to have to answer the question relatively quickly... unfortunately in the context of 1) broad geo-political possibilities, 2) our own military actions if we continue in the current course, and 3) public outcry over 'questionable' tactics.

Comment

I know I should know this... which of ND and GoW's visible units can actually attack Pamplona next turn? And, further, is it not possible that ND (especially, although possibly GoW as well) has further 3-movers ready to the northeast?

Is Pamplona, in fact, likely undefendable?

Comment

Interesting questions here. First off, I too wondered why they had pikes in cities not called Pamplona. It's too late now. I should have said something long ago. Damnit.

There *will* be more complaints about teleportation if we use it again. The question is this: 1) do we feel it's wrong; 2) can our rep really get much worse; and 3) even with the 3 pikes, can RP hold Pamp?

My answer to 1) is that teleportation may be an exploit, but it's been used twice in this game already. For 2) I think the answer is no. For 3... probably not, but maybe. They've got a fair number of cats in there, along with 4 pikes (3 regs). Add 3 more vet pikes, and they probably could hold, no?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'd like to hear the thoughts of other teamates about the morality of the use of teleportation before we proceed, if possible.

-Arrian

Comment

A little late for me weigh in with views on teleporting I think.

RP's chances of holding Pamplona might be reasonably good. With the forces they have there now (I'm assuming that attacking units in Pamplona are going to be fortified, and all will be fully healed before the attack comes), the ND/GoW axis need 22 veteran Knight-equivalents before that reach a 50% chance of taking the town. As it stands from the screenshots, they have 10 knight equivalents (KE) in view - 4 healthy veteran riders and 6 injured KEs (3/5 rider, 3/4 rider, 2 1/4 ansar, 4/5 ansar, 2/5 ansar). Allowing some of those injured units to contribute, they still need to find about 15 KE that can attack pamplona next turn. It's certainly possible that they could bring those to bear next turn, although juding by the 6 injured KEs around the place we can guess they've been mopping up the remains of the RP expeditionary force to the hills around The Alamo, and probably taken a few casualties to boot.

Not sure about GoW catapulting our pike at Alamo 63 - that doesn't make much sense. Rather than pinging us, they could have moved the cats to Pamplona 1 and used them in an assault next turn. Which maybe suggests that they have an extra turn to play with before more forces arrive from the north., and want RP to waste their remaining knights attacking the forces camped outside Pamplona (rather than healing). What do we know about where these cats could have come from. Is it possible that they are only at Alamo 6 because that was the end of their turn, and our pike took damage from an aborted rider attack instead (possibly an accidental one). IIRC the cats could easily have been in Alamo for a few turns though, looking like they moved out just to attack that one pike rather than support an attack on Pamplona.

Comment

Working...
                          X