Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a soldier...

A lonely soldier...

"...I've had my fun/ and now its time/ to serve your conscience overseas/ coming in fast, to over me..." (Orange Crush, R.E.M.)

I'm heading off to basic training this tuesday- nothing serious, just 4 weeks of outdoor camping with a bunch of other kiddies having a degree paid by the army.

My activity level will be down to zero, but perhaps I could drop by on one of the weekends we're let off.

I promise one pic of me with an M16, if that's comforting
    Save the rainforests!
    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Oh, and right after that, I'm back to regular (GS)-duty, I'm back to university on October 26th, so don't worry...
    Save the rainforests!

Comment

Yaaay!!
      Have the greatest time Zeit.

Zeit is one of the few who receive an army scholarship to study psychology each year.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Wow. Good luck Zeit. you will certainly be missed around here.

Comment

Seeing the daily presence and protection of Israelis on military duty inspired me to join the US Marines.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Wow. Good luck Zeit
            Thanks sleepy!

you will certainly be missed around here.
            Don't worry, I'll be back in no time, and besides a risk dehydration and a sun-stroke the whole thing will be totally harmless...
            Save the rainforests!

Comment

Seeing the daily presence and protection of Israelis on military duty inspired me to join the US Marines.
              If you'll see what I'll be doing on basic training, there's a considerable risk you might decide to quit your service...

Our bunch of freshmen will hardly resemble a serious fighting machine, even after we're through with training.

The bad news, though, are that I may be called for duty on vacation the next year- while studying, I'm under the definition of a resevist- hence the name "academic reserve".

Actually, it sounds kind of cool- when things get rough, they call the "academic reserve force"-hurling 700-page "Introduction to Psychlogy" books at the enemy ranks is bound to make them flee (especially if they're tempted to actually open and read them).
              Save the rainforests!

Comment

"Let's have a look now... Behavioral theories vs. Freud in a patriarchal society... NOOOO!!!!"
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Good luck, zeit.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                  X