Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well shoot, what do you guys need me for? ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well shoot, what do you guys need me for? ;)

Had a look at the save, and I have to say the "Don't be stupid and you should win" clause is in effect. Biggest army around, most manufactured goods, looks pretty good to me. I'm guessing we're in the middle of smashing the center continent, which certainly seems to be going well enough. What's with the empty Spanish cities?

I'm guessing some plan exists for dealing with Legoland, since they appear to be the only "real" power left on the map to threaten GS. Do any plans exist to move cities onto the main continent eventually, or just smear everything there and move on?

I must say it is really strange to have blue war chariots running around... what civs were the others? I noticed yellow and black out there already, but that's not Egypt and Zulu I'm guessing.
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

It looks very good on first glance, but we've made several big mistakes during this last campaign. In any case, warring against two civs in their GA with super UUs does not spell guaranteed victory.

The black guys running around are Glory of War (GoW for short), the Chinese. The ones in yellow costumes are Neu Demogyptica (ND for short), and they play as the arabs. Lego Land is Carthage, and they're the builders team (hence the name). Vox Controli are the Persians that dwell north of Lego, and they're a vassal state (they were given refuge by Lego after we drove them out of OUR continent ).

So, WHY do we need you? You'll find out in due time, I'm sure. You can contribute a lot of great input, that I know from reading your posts in the ISDG forum.
    So feel free to jump right into any thread and comment on what you see, even if you think that we may see that as obvious - who knows, we might get a fresh new perspective.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Fried, victory is far from secure, I'm afraid.

The problem is the power struggle on the big continent ('Bob'). Currently it's ND (Arabs) and GoW (Chinese) together against RP (Spanish). If the former two civs split that continent, they have enough land area to set themselves up as the victors. Put another way, although we're currently looking pretty good, our little island will not be so strong in the later stages of the game to win the whole thing (by any Victory type).

We've allied with RP against ND and GoW, which limits our trade options. Lego will probably be our only good trading partner for quite some time, and even then there will probably be under heavy restrictions for anything they get from RP and GoW.

All this to say that it's not looking half as good as the save indicates. We do need your help!

Dominae
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Our big military is expensive, and we're up against two civs with Medieval UU's in their Golden Ages. Further, our ally has been just about gutted by those ****ing 3-move units. So we're in trouble, actually. Not "oh my god, we're facing imminent defeat" trouble, but trouble nonetheless.

Welcome, a fresh perspective is usually good, and we can use all of the active members we can get right now.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

F-P, it's what you can't see that has us all worried...

Welcome aboard, and let's kick some ND / GoW ass!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I agree with those above who have indicated that fresh perspectives would be very helpful.

Welcome, F-P
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X