Promising signs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promising signs....

Have been in communication with Beta re: the "Yonder Isle" project....here's the initial reply:

Hi Vel - we will get back to you shortly on this. To be honest - I sort of thought this would die an early death on the discussion table. But, it would appear our appetite for 'adventure' has not been exhausted, and this is still under very active discussion. The biggest concern is how to do this while 'respecting' our now close relationship with Lego and their neutrality in this matter. Talk to you soon ... Beta.
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Do we have any ideas regarding how Vox can do this under Lego's nose?

If you ask me, Vox has nothing to be afraid of. It's not like Lego is going to "punish" their own vassals, and Lego probably won't find a replacement for Vox. Lego will probably go out publicly about how they condemn Vox's actions and how strict disciplinary steps will be taken or whatever, but in private they'll be glad that the joint Lego-Vox empire is expanding overseas.

Still, this needs to be done very carefully.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Got some solid ideas on it, yes, and will be writing a response to Beta later today....treading carefully of course, but the gist of my response will be much as you have said...they (Lego) have a strong interest in seeing a re-strengthened Vox, given their current relationship....and so long as Voxian involvement in this war is limited to....opportunistic strikes, shall we say, and does not see a serious counterattack by either ND or GoW, Lego can maintain their current neutrality....and honestly, GoW/ND will be VERY reluctant to hit Vox, cos they won't want Lego to come down on them too....that would, in short, put the whole world against them....

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I'm thinking of posting something along the lines of "We are committed to helping all our friends, and that includes Vox and Lego. If either GoW or ND chooses to launch an offensive against Vox, and by doing so also forces peaceful Lego, who have shown a desire to remain neutral in this world conflict, to be involved in any of this bloodshed, then they will dearly regret their actions."
        Hopefully this will strike some sympathy between Lego and GS.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Sent some further communications to Vox, pressing our case gently.

A question for clarification:
          Speaking TOTALLY hypothetically here...but as I understand it, when Vox initially approached the folk of Bob about expansion onto their continent, they had asked for space to build five cities....

My personal opinion is that an offer of at least that many ND/GoW cities (ie - we would acknowledge their claim to that number of GoW/ND cities....in a region specified by us, of course), would not be too high a price to pay in order to get them in the boat.

Of course, at this point, my efforts are all still entirely informal, and I would not think to overstep my bounds, but is that, on paper at least, a reasonable point for discussion?

-=Vel=-

Comment

Good thought, but I'd hold off on that for now....as far as GoW and ND know, Vox is totally the creature of Lego....I think we should wait till the first city falls to the Voxians before saying anything at all in public, and then come out strongly and fuly in support of and in defense of Vox....

-=Vel=-

Comment

The main problem with Vox having a presence on Bob will arise when the inevitable confrontation with Lego comes about.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Precisely.....which is why we need to treat them right so we can get them in our pocket for a backstab to Lego....if we are the facilitators that spur the regrowth of their civ....if we deal fairly and generously with them here....we can get Vox as a secret weapon against Lego when the chips come tumbling down....

-=Vel=-

Comment

But, if we do in fact do this, we should be equally ready to mow Vox down if need be.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Quite so....if it appears that they'll try to backstab US in the end, then by all means, they should be exterminated....however, their sudden appearance in the war we face NOW will surely throw a giant monkey-wrench into the gears of our enemies...even if their armies are small and their attacks are not hugely worrisome...it will give them pause...it will make them stumble....

Meanwhile, a possible future confrontation down the road is just that...down the road...we can make use of them and theirs now, and if needs be, when we are stronger and not fighting ND/GoW, we can deal with Vox again (but I don't think we'll need to....Beta LOVES the twists and turns, and IMO, we can get him on-board with us, and lure them away from Lego)

-=Vel=-

Comment

Gentlemen:

Vox stands ready to invade Yonder Isle and join our fight against GoW and ND

They are now asking for particulars about what resources we can send their way to assist them in making a speedy entrance into this fight.

Upgrading warriors to Immortals = 40g

They have 4 Galleys

It's a three turn trip from Yonder Isle to Voxtavia

I recommended to them that 6 galleys would be a good number to launch their invasion with.

Likely, we will be approached with a request for gold upfront, and x per turn.

What are the limits I can offer, or, would the formal diplomatic corp like to take it from here?

-=Vel=-

YESSSSSSSSS!

Comment

Yowzaa!

Gold may be a problem. What do they have ready? How much do they need?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Dunno....waiting to hear back from Beta regarding more of the particulars...the details I posted above are literally all I have at this time....I only know they're itching to get back into the game for real, rather than sit on their duffs on their rocky island, and are willing to do it....so, if we can squeeze enough out to satisfy them, we'll open up a whole new front in this war....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Howzzat for some diplomatic fancy footwork?!

-=Vel=-

Comment

It is very excellent indeed.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X