Turn 136, 150 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 136, 150 AD

I can play this turn, but I need very specific instructions because I've only been reading about half the discussions lately (very busy in RL).

* General Info
    - 785 gold, +188 (at start of turn)

* Military
    - Barb conscript galley at Sirocco-99. With the GW and Chieftain it's hardly a risk, so let's attack and hope for a promotion!

* Economy
    -

* Diplomacy
    - ND offers a peace treaty.

* Additional info
    -
    Last edited by Shiber; August 21, 2003, 11:45.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

What should I do about ND's peace offer?
    They haven't sent any diplomatic notes along with it so I should just reject it, right?
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Barb conscript galley at Sirocco-99. Nothing else sighted.
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

What are they offering? If they give back all of Spain's cities, make a peace with them as well, and acknowledge our right to land on Bob...sure, take 'em up on it....

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Shiber, if you're not following that well (which is perfectly allowed, of course. everyone has RL stuff going on), maybe best to let nye play it if he wants to.

Oh, and I really liked the break down of movements in last turn thread. I know it is a lot of work to do, but it pays off... I would have moved the group at B8 closer to Valencia, but that's just me.

Other things: set up a perimeter around Toledo, at least some scouts with pikes. And go after that barb camp if we can! (Toledo: see beginnings thread for a possibility)

DeepO

Comment

ass to the peace offer from ND: we had that a couple of turns with GoW. no way are we going to accept a peace on those terms: most likely they have a lot more WW to worry about then we have, and are simply trying to get their people happy again. Remember, both ND and GoW declared war on us and on RP, if they could lose a couple of cities, they would nearly revolt (also because they don't have a lot of lux)

DeepO

Comment

ass to the peace offer from ND
              What, ND is offering us a piece of ass? Sweet!

I want NYE to have a look at the plans I drew up in the other thread, and then look at the (much less detailed) planning for possibly cutting our iron.

The iron-cutting operation, IMO, may be viable, but needs more thoughtful planning than has yet been done. I could work on it a bit tomorrow, I suppose, but I don't think we could make a decision in time for this turn. However, I don't think that's a major problem.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't have a problem if NYE takes this turn, if he can. It's a good idea, since he's been more involved lately than I was.
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

In those cities that finish their production this turn (if there are) or are not going to waste shields- we should have them build the optimal unit, according to NYE and Arrian's suggestion in the build priorities thread. This might also mean we'll need to mess around with the tile allocation- whoever plays the turn will need some time to handle that as well.
                  Save the rainforests!
                  Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I think the only tile allocation that is important is Hurricane. And that doesn't happen until the following turn, I think.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Why wasn't the sav passed to me? Can you do it Shiber?

It'll certainly help with the planning...

Thanks
                      Save the rainforests!
                      Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I can be on line to play it in about 2 hours. I will have some catching up to do though.

re the peace offers. Apparently there was a glitch and both ND and GoW received offers from us last turn. I know I did not send them, but I was checking their tech and resource situation.

Begin the turn by clearing table, and I will have to remember to clear tables after I poke around, or better yet, poke around right at the beginning of the turn and then reload.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Does anybody have the turn?

I don't.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Turn sent to nye by email.

Comment

Thank you, Sir Ralph.

OK. Let's get it on.

Can have 5 p and 5 mi sailing south to V. Problem is galleys rendevous at Siroco 2 this turn. Puts them 2 turns from landing around V. That is faster than any overland route for that force, and leaves 5 p and up to 8 k plus cats to defend Barca.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X