Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rp, 50 Ad

What's going on??

RP has the save for almost half a day now, and still no word.
    They're wasting time. We ought to ask them to get more players.
    Last edited by Shiber; August 3, 2003, 08:49.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

NuclearWinter is on IRC he's wants to know why they don't have chivalry?
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

That sounds bad...
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I thought we told Togas that?

Comment

Can he send a screenshot and troop disposition info?
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Dejon is playing the turn: (when enough of RP gets together...not sure when that is... chat room is up now though)

/join #MilOps Bismarck
            Last edited by Aeson; August 3, 2003, 13:40.

Comment

They don;t have Chivalry?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

we held Chivalry back because we couldn't get them Horses (ND cuts them off inbetween our turns) in time for the upgrades. This way, they can upgrade their Horses next turn, and use them by upgrading during the diplomatic exchange phase (as pointed out by DeepO).

Comment

Ahh. Yes, good.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Pictures from before RP played their turn:

Leon area:

Some galleys near Port Isolation:

Comment

ND had a big stack in Leon, and RP had probably a little bit worse-than-average luck. RP killed a pike, two MedInfs, and two Ansars, and wounded a couple pikes and maybe a MedInf, but lost a few MedInfs of their own. Leon held, and RP's stack is going to have to withdraw to Pamplona to heal. Worse, a ND scout pillaged a road, slowing down the retreat. (A RP regular pike killed the scout, but is now vulnerable to attack.)

A vet RP galley lost a fight attacking a regular GoW galley, leaving it with one hit point. I'm thinking we may want to cut off GoW's retreat to Port Isolation in our next turn and then rush a vet galley in Wittlich the following turn and see if we can take out the two GoW galleys. (RP has four horsemen they'll need to upgrade to knights in their turn, and we can't quite give them the rest of the gold for that and rush a galley this turn both.)

Comment

Nathan- don't forget we're under the obligation to research Banking in 8 turns (or is it 7?), so I doubt we have enough cash for anything besides upgrades and emergency rushes- and I wouldn't count a vet galley an emergency.

I'd also like to bring up the idea of attacking GoW soon again. Time works against us with GoW's GA kicking in and ND's already in motion, and pretty soon we'll have enough forces on RP's land to halt the enemy's advance. I think that aiming for a landing in 10 or so turns is not unexceptable. We'll need plenty of troops and galleys, so I suggest we start to plan for it, otherwise we'll be stuck on defense for far to long to my liking...
                        Save the rainforests!
                        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I just noticed something that went by totally unnoticed for me before: ND has landed a couple of ansars near the South? Ouch... not good. Especially not with spears defending in Sevilla.

DeepO

Comment

I just noticed something that went by totally unnoticed for me before: ND has landed a couple of ansars near the South? Ouch... not good. Especially not with spears defending in Sevilla.

DeepO
                            I think this was handled in the chat- definitely not good, but it might be contained...
                            Save the rainforests!
                            Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Working...
                            X