No announcement yet.

Turn 130, 30 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

food to Toledo: we're going to hold NM for as long as the RP workers don't finish the road, right? In that case, we could build e.g. a small reserve, to keep the loss in pop as small as possible.

But yes, it doesn't help much, and it will help NM later...

DeepO

Comment

How many galleys do we have in the north? one? How long before we can get another one or two? I think we should prepare to move against PoI and other northern GoW cities.

Comment

NM can't grow anyway until we have to give it back, and when you gift a city all the boxes turn empty. We might as well put NM on zero growth mode while stockpiling some food in Toledo.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Good catch, Shiber. I went ahead and switched the tiles. If nothing else, these are RP cities, and the roleplay angle implies the undesirability of seeing people starve.

I don't want to hold New Madrid any longer than we have to to build our city. (Has anyone run a test on whether you can build a city in the territory of a civ you have a ROP with without declaring war?) To take advantage of the new road RP is building, we'd have to (1) hold Toledo longer, which results in less production than in RP's hands and (2) spend a settler (worth a pike and two pop points) to build another city at NM 6-9. And all we'd get for that is being able to land troops a single tile closer to the war zone. I don't think it's worth it.

Comment

Just tested. Building a city in land of ROP partner is an act of war.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Is vulture around?

What are the odds for 4 pike, 3 knights, and 3 MI, stacked with 4 cats in a town on grass with walls holding out vs 14 riders?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

(also note that one of our pikes is elite, and one of GoW's riders is elite as well)
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

That combat goes to us 69.2% of the time.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

How does the timing of the great wall figure in? If they waste another turn or two before moving closer to toledo....

I think there's what, 3 turns left on it?

Comment

Yes, 3 turns. Too late for Toledo, I suspect.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Nine knights, not three. The lead units of our second wave can unload in our new city and barely make it into Toledo in the same turn.

Comment

As my grand-pappy used to say, 'kewl!'

Toledo is indeed safe. Perhaps a little drenched in blood, but safe.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

That's very good news Nathan!

Comment

- Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We should use the tile 2 2 of Toledo for the target this turn. The tile 9 of there could be spotted by GoW if they move as DeepO suggested they may.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X