Turn 123, 110 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 123, 110 BC

Lego has the save, so we have little time left.
    Raise your issues.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

I was kidding about the piano. I like it just where it is.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Let's not order the calamari here again. We all know what happened last time...
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Doesn't look like there are many issues today. Is it time to start upgrading some of our chariots and horsies yet? Or do we want to see what is left over from various rushed first?

And I think this is my 500th post

Comment

No upgrading yet: already our power graph is rather high, we better keep the cash and upgrade at the last possible moment (unless we need the knights to fend off an invasion). This will keep our profile as low as possible. I wonder if the military advisor will tell something differently once ND and GoW upgrade...

As to what happens this turn: I thought it was relatively straightforward. IIRC, an aquaduct finishes this turn, and another one next turn, would it be a good idea to start moving workers closer to add to the cities once they hit size 7? Also, we have workers enough, perhaps we can chop some forests, replacing it afterwards if we need the shields (and don't need the food). All shields are welcome, I'd say.

DeepO

Comment

Rushing the marketplace in Hurricane is going to take most of the gold we have left after the courthouse in Elipolis and our two recent tech purchases. But on the plus side, once it's finished, we should be raking in gold quite nicely. I'm opening the turn, but I'll have to play it quickly.

Comment

DeepO, thanks for the thought regarding chopping and possibly replanting forests. I'm going ahead and implementing that on the theory that we may uncover a grassland with shield or two. Best case, we chop a bonus grassland and replant on a non-bonus one, gaining both short-term and long-term shields. Worst case, we chop and replant the same place, costing worker turns but gaining shields.

I hope I'm remembering correctly about our wanting a city on the northeast shore halfway between Inchon and Inchoff. If not, someone tell me real quick or there's going to be one anyhow. Any ideas for names?

Comment

We're down to 74 gold, but with the luxury slider at zero and our new marketplace, we're raking in ~145 gpt. The down side is that we're losing WLTCD in a few cities, but they're mostly ones we'd lose it in anyhow in the next three turns or so due to growth.

Comment

I remember something similar, Nathan... it's a pity we can't search in here, or we could find Aeson's map back.

As to names, what about your winds of change? Others can follow next turn, if that one isn't alright

DeepO

Comment

I just realized that with a granary (and assuming its production can go high enough, which it probably can once we get our FP in Arashi and enough jungle clear), Dissidentville, or its replacement, could provide us with another two-turn worker pump. With that in mind, I'm thinking in terms of perhaps sending our new settler from EotS (two turns, assuming we still want to draw down EotS in size temporarily and use it as a worker pump for a while) to replace Dissidentville and having Dissidentville not grow any more (it's currently size 2) and build a pair of workers, disbanding with the second one.

Comment

If D-ville is as good as EotS as workerpump, we could switch back after it has its granary build. I mean, at that time, let EotS grow to size 11 or 12 again, it still is a super production site. But for the moment, I would keep to the plan of downsizing it, yes...

DeepO

Comment

I take it you mean the tile 26 from where the Settler is now? It's probably the best spot. The other option is to take the extra turn and just move the Settler 3 and build there though. Long term that will give us access to an extra coast tile, and put us one tile closer to our eventual FP if we keep it on the continent.

It would share Hurricane's and Tempest's OCN number, instead of being 1 back with SS and Bolderberg in that case, but push back SS and Bolderberg a slot... so probably better to place it 62 as SS and Bolderberg should always be better city sites.

Comment

Turn and shots sent.

Comment

Throw Cyclone in on the SS & BB OCN number too, so definitely 62. Much better to have 3 cities 1 higher up on that list than 1 city up 2 slots.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                              If D-ville is as good as EotS as workerpump, we could switch back after it has its granary build. I mean, at that time, let EotS grow to size 11 or 12 again, it still is a super production site. But for the moment, I would keep to the plan of downsizing it, yes...
                              The time to put EotS back in growth mode (or, more likely, add a zillion workers back to it) is probably when Tornado and Bolderberg build harbors or maybe a little after that. Once that happens, they can work mostly coast and sea tiles, but while Tornado and Bolderberg have aqueducts but not harbors, it's useful to free land tiles for their use (and/or for Cyclone to use instead of using tiles they need).

Comment

Working...
                              X