Trappings and Confidentiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trappings and Confidentiality

UnOrthOdOx sent me the latest issue of Trappings of War.
    Do we mind if he mentions the peace between GS and GoW, the furs for wine deal and the map for map?
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Well peace is something that is probably public knowledge - at least to ND and Vox, and I don't care if RP and Lego know about it. I don't think the luxury deal is going to surprise anyone, since (again) ND and Lux can see we are trading something (and will know that GoW have iron and horses already), we have already told RP that we have lux deals with both the other Bob civs (IIRC), so unless we want to keep Lego in the dark for some reason (and hope that no-one else tells them) I don't see much value in keeping that private either. Map deals - did any of the other map trades take place after the GoW trade (they'll already know we have GoW's map), and Lego probably have to assume that what GoW knows is public knowledge regarding their coastline, so there is no great advantage to keeping that secret either. So I have no problem with this.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. The "war" was mostly faux war anyway, and people knew it. Lux trades: we're doing that w/everyone we can. Ditto with map trades.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

well... I don't mind him saying we traded maps, but better if it was mentioned as "acquired maps" instead of swapping maps...

But even then, not much harm would be done...

DeepO

Comment

Do you think that we can use this to our advantage?
          If UnOrthOdOx keeps exposing details, then people will believe him. Then we can ask him to plant information that would lead the reader to suspect that there's a rift between GS and GOW and that we're not getting along well.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
          X