3rd PBEM, Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to nathan
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• To OPD.

Comment

• OPD's out. Thanks for playing .

370AD to FP

Comment

• Yeah I meant to post here before, cheers for the game guys I can't say I'm not disappointed with the way I played, but I did enjoy playing. No hard feelings SR, maybe we shall meet again and have a real fight.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• 380 AD to Sir Ralph. Sorry to see you go, OPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPD
              No hard feelings SR, maybe we shall meet again and have a real fight.
              With great pleasure. And bring a military this time .

380AD to FP

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                With great pleasure. And bring a military this time .

Any time you want to go again just email me.
                Last edited by OPD; August 2, 2003, 02:12.
                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• 390 AD to Sir Ralph.

Comment

• 390AD to FP

Comment

• 400 AD to Sir Ralph. I'm curious as to when you were guessing I was likely to have Sipahi.

In case anyone's interested, the tattered remains of the First Ottoman Expeditionary Force have been forced to withdraw from the Chinese province of Scandanavia, with loss of five of its seven musketmen. But its two cannons remain intact for future use.

Comment

• I wasn't guessing it at all. I was surprised to see it this turn. Your tech lead is amazing. I was struggling hard through the ancient age, I don't have a single river in my core, that hurts. As for your Expeditionary force, the RNG god has clearly been with my Riders and Medinfs. My losses were moderate (1 rider and 2 medinfs, IIRC. Other riders retreating). I didn't expect to cause that much damage.

400AD to FP.

Comment

• 410 to Sir Ralph.

Comment

• You could probably do with a amphibious assault unit

Although I'm surprised to hear you attacked so soon Nathan and onto scandinavia aswell.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• When I got the save after Sir Ralph landed, I was nine turns away from Military Tradition. I serously considered mounting an expeditionary force, but the fact that every knight I lost would have meant one Sipahi less available later made the prospect of full-scale combat with Sir Ralph at the time more painful than I was willing to accept. Those nine turns make the difference between combat with him having a small but significant level of qualitative superiority and combat (if I can just land my forces safely to start it ) with me having massive qualitative superiority.

If I'd realized how long Sir Ralph's conquest of Scandanavia would take, and if I'd thought about it, I might very well have sent a force of musketmen and MedInfs to give Sir Ralph another target and maybe buy enough extra time to make the difference in the Vikings' survival as a people. But my expectation was that Sir Ralph would bring in enough forces in additional waves and move quickly enough that nothing short of a full-scale war including use of my knights would keep the Vikings alive until I got Military Tradition.

And yes, I'd love to have some Bezerks available right about now. But even with Plan A defeated, I still have the rest of the alphabet.

Comment

• If I'd realized how long Sir Ralph's conquest of Scandanavia would take, and if I'd thought about it, I might very well have sent a force of musketmen and MedInfs to give Sir Ralph another target and maybe buy enough extra time to make the difference in the Vikings' survival as a people. But my expectation was that Sir Ralph would bring in enough forces in additional waves and move quickly enough that nothing short of a full-scale war including use of my knights would keep the Vikings alive until I got Military Tradition.
                                I could have finished the Vikings at least 3 turns earlier. I slowed the war down in the last turns by purpose. The reason why it took so long was, that one of my goals was to generate a leader for a palace move to central Scandinavia. Since you can't get promoted or generate leaders from capturing workers, killing scouts and taking undefended cities, it took long to heal and move my small amount of elites to his scarce military forces.

I shipped enough forces over and brought reinforcements (I think the defeat of your beachhead proves that), because I expected you to intervene. To be honest, in the last turns I even wished you would, for the reason of leader generation.

This game is practically settled in your favor. I am at least 7 techs back. While it may be true, that I can hold an attack with more, but inferior forces, I'm aware that this costs a lot of my money, even further slows down my research and you are definitely able to vastly increase your forces in a short time too.

410AD to FP.

Comment

Working...
                                X